Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bottom End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom End?

Hello! I just purchased an entire DSM setup, and i have an extra F22a1 motor

I want to prep the bottom end of that motor. Does anyone have any experience on pistons and rods?

Im only looking to do a 10-12lbs daily, and i am working on a decent budget. Im not looking for internals that'll handle 25lbs. However I do want something that'll be strong and reliable. Thanks

Any other suggestions are also welcome! Thank you!
    90-2D 5spd. Turbo/Shaved/slammed/kitted/4200watts/laptop&Tvs...

Ova 17G's invested in mah AZN ride!

your stock bottom end will be just fine for 10-12 psi.. F22a's are quite solid! as long as you have good fuel management/tuning.. to minimize the likelihood of detonation.. or leaning out.. which can instantly crack piston ring-lands..

key to any forced induction setup is tuning and a/f ratio..

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
    5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

Comment

from wat i have seen around here u can run 6-7 on a crappy tune and 8-10 on a good tune never seen 12 psi on stock block but then again wat do i know im not boosted
      DIY antenna control
      DIY ghetto short ram
      Battery Relocation

New Project
      1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

ive seen 14 psi run on a good tune . . . its completely possible, you just have to make sure that your tune is good . . .
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

90boostedaccord was running like 15psi+ on his stock block with over 300hp or something like that. MRX runs 10psi daily, and has turned it up to 12psi several times, acclipse is running at least 10psi i think. or was, no idea whats going on with his setup. Iamanonymous runs 10psi. 10psi is more then possible. Just make sure you don't fry your ringlands.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yeah, I run 10 psi on mine as well. Once I get a decent tune I'll test out 12 psi.

Comment

Problem is my motor isn't in the best of shape. It needs to be rebuilt anyways, so if im gonna rebuild it i figured i might as well throw in some "better than stock" pistons and rods. I have about 900 bucks for the two. Any feedback?
              90-2D 5spd. Turbo/Shaved/slammed/kitted/4200watts/laptop&Tvs...

Ova 17G's invested in mah AZN ride!

Comment

that sounds good....u might also wana think about saven up to get it resleaved so u can really run the psi up there...from wat ive heard the f22 sleaves are allready pretty stong but im pretty shure ur gona need them a lil stronger to get reall high numbers out of it..

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

while you are at it get a block gaurd, there cheap. you can get them for around $90 or so. i highly recommnend them for the f-series cuz of the open deck.

Comment

I thougth the f-series doesnt need to be sleeved?

Comment

I wouldn't waste time on sleeving it or on the block guard. I've heard nothing but bad things about block guards. On our engines sleeving is not really worth it unless you are going super crazy. Judging by the materials of our sleeves and from what I've seen on other Honda engines it could easily take 17-18 psi, and it would still be really reliable on stock sleeves. I'm sure you could push more, but it starts getting riskier around 20 psi. Crower rods are really good from what I've seen, but they are like $700. I'm not really sure about the prices, but I think Arias makes a pretty good piston for the f22. You should check out www.raceeng.com They make some pistons under their own private label for a little over $400, and they have a lot of other products for sale. I'm sure you could call them up and get plenty of details about each specific one. Also just a suggestion, you might need to get the the piston 0.5 mm oversized because the sleeve may need to be honed to fit it properly. Something to ask raceeng.com about if you decide to contact them.

Comment

10 psi daily here... no boost controller to keep the temptation away. i will try out more boost when midnite comes up to tune my car but until then 10 psi.
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                        X