Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hmmm A/F guage not reading right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm A/F guage not reading right

Okay people heres my next problem or ponder on something. Now i have a autometer a/f ratio guage it reads lean then it goes out on its own now does this guage rely off the o2 as well as the catylic converter to give it a more suitible reading?

It only gets readings off the O2 sensor, there's no feed from the cat.

An A/F gauge on the stock O2 sensor is just a lightshow. You need a wideband to know anything other than that there's air and gas pumping through the engine.

Comment

yes I used to have one of those light shows too. lol. it really is pretty pointless. If anything I would go with an egt gauge.
      HSHO #3

Comment

ive had this to it is not accurate at all they do make wideband ones i forget the site but have seen them. if you want a real a/f guage get one of them hale meaters i thinks tahts what its called its like a black box
        cb7 sold
        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

An AEM UEGO Wideband with gauge [with center digital display] can be had for $500 now. Kudos to AEM, it's a great innovation on a great product.

Comment

An AEM UEGO Wideband with gauge [with center digital display] can be had for $500 now. Kudos to AEM, it's a great innovation on a great product.

Comment

So where do you hook the A/F sensor into?

Comment

You would connect it to the o2 signal wire either at the ecu or the near the o2 sensor. Don't remember which color wire the o2 signal wire is though.
                Carlos
                My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                X