Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Questions About the Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions About the Block

Well, my first post...this will be interesting. I have been reading your guys forum for a while, but have never needed to ask a question till today. I did a search and couldn't find anything, but if I missed a post on this subject please point me in the right direction.

I've got a 91 Accord EX with a F22A4 in it. My question is if this engine is closed deck or not. My gut tells me it is, but before I move on anything I want to make sure.

Also, as a side note, if this block is closed deck, can I still sleeve it with say some Darton MID sleeves or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that none of the f22's are closed deck. It's not that big of a deal though. As for your question about sleeves, I don't know too much about that particular kind of sleeves, but I think that Darton makes sleeves for our engines.

Comment

No, F-motors are not closed deck. The H22 is the only one that I'm aware of.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

yep our motors are open deck. the h22 93-96 are closed deck but 97 and up are open(h22a4)
        FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Working...
        X