Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Safe Amount of Boost???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe Amount of Boost???

Wuzzup my main man?!

Its the Notorious N. double O. B. Holla at me!...

Ok, H22 goes in on April 7th (Im gonna do a write up on that by the way. Check the DIY section). I want to get a turbo fo my "whip" aka my CB7.
    My one friend is saying "Yo, holla at the Greedy fo chizzle son!" but I saw complete kits on ebay for like $800 or something.

Anyways, My question is: How many Psi Can I push on my H22 without touching the bottom end? My friend has a 240 with an SR20DET and he says that he can do 14pounds of boost before touching his bottom end.

Bassicly, I want boost, but I dont want to touch anything else (besides the injectors)

Fo' chizzle my nizzles,
    -Lam

ps. I really dont talk like that, I just wanted to make it more interesting for you guys to read.

your friend can push more than 14psi on his DET if he gets rid of th T25.

anyway...i would say 10psi MAX on the h22 bottom end if you get a chipped ECU

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

don't ever talk like that again, and sr20s can push more boost because they were made for it. Think about all the extra precautions oem turbo'd engines take, oil squirters, strong ringlands, 8.5 compression, mild cams(doesn't have a big effect), and the sleeves. On a h22, I personally wouldn't run more then 6 psi, and if you run uberdata or crome, make sure it tuned perfectly, but I would run something more along the lines of hondata
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

PM Accord SIR on here.. he has an H22T and has gone through the process.. he should be able to tell you what you need to know.. he gave me a brief runaround when I needed info..

V-TAK FTW!!1!

Comment

Id say 6-8 PSI daily depending on your tune.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm going to say exactly what a few well respected members said here before... Do NOT boost the H22 without building the bottom end FIRST!
            The H22 wasn't made for boost, it was made for N/A.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

you can boost it no problem. It wasn't designed for it, but it can take it with a proper tune. Accord R33 knows what he's talking about on this so I'd listen to him

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                I'm going to say exactly what a few well respected members said here before... Do NOT boost the H22 without building the bottom end FIRST!
                The H22 wasn't made for boost, it was made for N/A.
                Nor was the f22 made for boost, but you can boost it. You can do anything, you just have to know what your doing. People are making insane amounts of power on stock h22s
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                  Nor was the f22 made for boost, but you can boost it. You can do anything, you just have to know what your doing. People are making insane amounts of power on stock h22s
                  True most of the time it depends on the tune. Most kits that come out fro manufacturers recommend 8 psi if not less daily. But I do agree not to run a high amount of boost unless your fortify the bottom end on an h22.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the f22 has iron sleeves compared to the frm sleeves of the h22. i have heard of many h22 running stock components they range from 6-12psi. of coarse the higher you go the more prone to failure. to solve the ringlands, you can use the mahle gold series pistons and not resleeve. i still wouldn't go beyond 10-12psi. but then again tuning is key.
                    91 Ex CB9
                    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                    Weight Reductions
                    R33 or R34 front end

Comment

it is all in the tune, some peopel who are very good at it have seen power in the range of 400-500 whp on stock bottom end h22's. they also charge more for tuning than you will pay for most ebay turbo kits.

Comment

Originally posted by flight50
                        the f22 has iron sleeves compared to the frm sleeves of the h22. i have heard of many h22 running stock components they range from 6-12psi. of coarse the higher you go the more prone to failure. to solve the ringlands, you can use the mahle gold series pistons and not resleeve. i still wouldn't go beyond 10-12psi. but then again tuning is key.
                        it's not only the ringlands that are the problem, especially on the h22. The sleeves are another problem, there too thin. I mean ringlands are a problem on f22s, but we have low enough compression to run moderate levels of boost, with the higher compression on the h22, you have the ringlands AND sleeves to worry about, so you can run boost, but not a lot of it
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i would not worry too much about the sleeves on the h22, thinner does not mean weaker always. A guy who works at AEM was able to do nearly 500 whp on a stock bottom end h22, and when it failed it was not because of a sleeve letting go....

Comment

h22 will last as long as you got good fuel delivery, EMS(AEM,HONDATA, Neptune), a knowledgable tuner and your donor motor wasn't abused by the previous owner(you know a gas and go owner). There are bunch of peeps on honda-tech.com that have done the boosted stock bottem h22 with great hp output. And a few of those guys motors let go as well. The h22 pistons have thin ring landings, and thats what fails first/colapse under pressure. I had my stock h22 tuned extremely conservative and it lasted for a 1 year. But all good things have there ends. Your h22 will take 7-10 psi, but I would say build your h22, you'll have more fun with more psi.
                            Carlos
                            My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                            X