Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boost or NA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost or NA?

i have an h22a4 in my 1992 accord ex coupe. i have intake and a DC header and before i go any further i want to know what i should do. i know boosting i can make more power than N/A but in my mind i've always thought running natural aspiration was always more respectfull.. (to build a motor right and strong), but lately i've been thinking about it and there really arent any boosted h22's in my area (atleast not in cb7's) and i think i'm going to go the path of forced induction but before i do it i want to hear everyone's feed back on it.

Here are the 2 setup's i was thinking...

N/A engine:
    built valvetrain
    highcomp pistons
    lightweight flywheel
    larger intake manifold
    camshaft kit

FI engine:
    T3/T4 turbo kit
    lowcomp pistons
    sleeves

(im not an expert on forced induction and my friend is helping me so i dont know whatelse i should get)

thanks for the thought

Ok, I just got some of my flaming out, so I'll be nice, change the thread and put a poll in it, and have people vote. Otherwise, your gonna get told we can't decide what to do on your car, it's your car, figure out what you want.

And by high comp pistons, how high do you mean, your running at what, 10.6:1 right now? Mill the head and make it 11:1 and stay on pump gas
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
      And by high comp pistons, how high do you mean, your running at what, 10.6:1 right now? Mill the head and make it 11:1 and stay on pump gas
      just so we know where he's starting from:
      USDM H22's are 10:1 (H22A1 and H22A4)
      JDM H22's are 10.6:1 (H22A)

If you went the N/A route I think it would be a much better idea to simply buy some type-s pistons to bump the compression up to 11:1.

Originally posted by EuroSpec
      i have an h22a4 in my 1992 accord ex coupe. i have intake and a DC header and before i go any further i want to know what i should do. i know boosting i can make more power than N/A but in my mind i've always thought running natural aspiration was always more respectfull.. (to build a motor right and strong), but lately i've been thinking about it and there really arent any boosted h22's in my area (atleast not in cb7's) and i think i'm going to go the path of forced induction but before i do it i want to hear everyone's feed back on it.

(im not an expert on forced induction and my friend is helping me so i dont know whatelse i should get)

thanks for the thought
      like 92ex said, it's really not up to us...
      YOU have to be the one to deside what's best for YOU. What are your plans with the car and what do you want to do with the car... drag, circuit race, Auto-x or just a quick daily driver?
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Its really up to you what you plan to do within your budget I say see where your money stands with you first. Then do a little bit more research so that you have a better understanding of what your getting into before you actually make an attempt. I warn you though once you do you have to follow through i with it. You need to read more threads and decide do i want reliability or more power,will i be able to deal with an issue that pops up ?,do i have another car to drive if this one breaks down?.

Comment

I really think your gonna be the master of everything soon sparkle, going from h22 custom turbo setups, to allmotor h22, when are you gonna run nitrous?
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
            I really think your gonna be the master of everything soon sparkle, going from h22 custom turbo setups, to allmotor h22, when are you gonna run nitrous?
            I ran nitrous before i did my swap with the f22 alone. This is when i first started man was i ever mis informed. Thats when i first blew my f22 with no aftermarket fuel pump and no fuel pressure regulatorall i had was an intake header and muffler. When i uppped the shot to 65-75. But thats how you live and you learn. I did more research and after that it started from there. But back then i didnt know any better but now that im more informed things turn out for the better.

Comment

turbo it.

Comment

i like the aspect of a n/a built h22
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah i say NA. less chances of something going wrong.
                  "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Working...
                  X