Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

removing the resonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wed3k
    replied
    this should be in the n00b forum

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    Originally posted by chicago
    if your talkin about the exhaust no it will not sound like shit my exhaust was THE deepest sounding exhaust in my city and every one said they oved it. and mine is cut off.
    Your kidding me right.....As mentioned they DO sound like weed whackers unless you like that sound. I sure as hell dont.

Leave a comment:

• Accord13&BA4
    replied
    Originally posted by wlfpck
    my question..... does taking out the resonator really help that much... and second.... he said he can feel it. Is this true?
    Everyone is right in the thread...

Dont remove the resonator? why? you're not going to gain any HP..okay...1.5 HP? lol!

The only thing you'll gain is noise.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    resonators get rid of higher frequency noises, so removing any type of resonator means more higher frequency noises, like those associated with open exhaust hondas and dirt bikes

Leave a comment:

• HondaGuy1212
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    I'm sure your's sounded just fantastic, but everyone that isn't deaf will think it sounds like crap.
    lol yea dont take the off the exhaust resonator i did it it sounded just like a weed eater

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    Originally posted by chicago
    if your talkin about the exhaust no it will not sound like shit my exhaust was THE deepest sounding exhaust in my city and every one said they oved it. and mine is cut off.

I'm sure your's sounded just fantastic, but everyone that isn't deaf will think it sounds like crap.

Leave a comment:

• arthaccord
    replied
    i took my intake resonator off and it sounds good and louder

Leave a comment:

• chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by NAiL05
    Remove the resonator and your car will sound like shit guaranteeed.

Leave a comment:

• wlfpck
    replied
    ooooo yay! less weight...ok.... like a couple ounces....but still LESS WEIGHT!!!

Leave a comment:

• Granite CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by wlfpck
    ok.... cuz doesn't the intake resonator like restrict air flow since its silencing the air.
    I don't know how it works but i'm guessing it slowst he air down by having it "resonate" in the box thingy then go to the intake? i have no idea
    No, you're basically right, when you install any intake on a CB or w/e, the resonator is useless, so remove all the black plastic ducting beside the battery including that small black box, you can unplug that. And obviously the resonator

Dan

Leave a comment:

• wlfpck
    replied
    ok.... cuz doesn't the intake resonator like restrict air flow since its silencing the air.

I don't know how it works but i'm guessing it slowst he air down by having it "resonate" in the box thingy then go to the intake? i have no idea

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    he's talking about the intake resonator i bet.....chamber built into the intake meant to quieten the intake down......no, they won't help at all to remove

if you're talking about the exhaust resonator, then your car's high pitch tones will get through, making it sound like a weed whacker

Ahh yes that is true i forgot about that one. I took mine out just remember to plug up that vacuum line.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    he's talking about the intake resonator i bet.....chamber built into the intake meant to quieten the intake down......no, they won't help at all to remove

if you're talking about the exhaust resonator, then your car's high pitch tones will get through, making it sound like a weed whacker

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    Remove the resonator and your car will sound like shit guaranteeed.

Leave a comment:

• wlfpck
    replied
    already ordered a venom short ram intake. lol so its all good. just wondering what it did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X