Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Performance Gains-How Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Gains-How Much?

well i have a stock F22a right now, i am going to put on a CAI, Race Headers, AEM Cam Gears, F22B Ecu, Greddy SP2 catback. Plus, is there cams that i can put in here? and build up more on the block?

How much performance would you think i would get out of this?

What else can i do to gain more power.
    Last edited by ChilinazaVillin; 04-30-2006, 04:34 AM.

how many miles on ur stocker right now?

you do a compression check and shit on it?

if not, and you do have low compression in one of your cylinders, it would render these mods uselsss.

id save up for a turbo setup if you do have good compression
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

why the hell would you put another engines ecu on your engine when your ecu is fine. Yes there are cams for ths sohc, but you have to go find them, hint SEARCH
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44228

Cam info. cam gears IMO is a waste of time and money. all that stuff you are putting on might be worth 20 freed up ponies. How much are you looking to get out of it?
        No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

want a few free ponies? pull your A/C and Powersteering.....
          93 Accord- SOLD
          94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Originally posted by ehulst
            want a few free ponies? pull your A/C and Powersteering.....
            x2
            My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

a F22B ECU will probably make your car slower if anything...

and removing powersteering on a car that is driven everyday is retarded

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

just have to have some arms on ya and it is good to go
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

^^^ Keep your Power Steering dude, If you are worried about weight, the PS should be one of the last things to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    a F22B ECU will probably make your car slower if anything...

and removing powersteering on a car that is driven everyday is retarded

not really, my friends has a 90' bone stock with no intake at all, no headers and is running a f22b ecu on it, he lost to a prlude the other day by 1/2 a car length.

He just recently bought himself a f22b v-tec right now and is gonna get it swapped in, and then work on that.

I want more power. Im just thinking of H22 but its alot of money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by ChilinazaVillin
                      not really, my friends has a 90' bone stock with no intake at all, no headers and is running a f22b ecu on it, he lost to a prlude the other day by 1/2 a car length.

He just recently bought himself a f22b v-tec right now and is gonna get it swapped in, and then work on that.

Your idiotic if you think another engines ecu is gonna make more power on your mildly built engine. and specify when you say f22b, im thinking dohc f22b, but it looks like you meant sohc f22b
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        Your idiotic if you think another engines ecu is gonna make more power on your mildly built engine. and specify when you say f22b, im thinking dohc f22b, but it looks like you meant sohc f22b

so, what do you think i should do for more power?

Comment

I think you should make all kinds of new posts because you're definitely the first member out of four thousand to ask about performance gains. Not in the 3 years this site has been up have any of us cared about performance therefore meaning there are no useful threads from which to search. Press on dude.

SEARCH
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by ChilinazaVillin

yeah, your right. the stock fuel/ignition tables from a completely different, VTEC car make yours faster.

P-L-E-C-E-B-O

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Intake, Header, Exhaust. Those 3 will make your Accord way more fun to drive.

Lighten flywheel coupled with a new clutch, say stage 1 will make your car revv faster, increasing the "fun-factor." It'll feel like you gained 10hp, but in reality, you just lost weight off the flywheel...

---If you have an automatic, search about, "Torque converters."

Keep your power steering, A/C. Those are daily things needed...unless you are going all out and making your Accord a track car...

Laughing gas. A small shot of nitrous is the best bang for the buck...a wet shot is pref.

Changing ECU is pointless if you have the stock motor...the ECU values wont work well...

Other than that, search about TURBO's. Your alternate is the h22.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                              1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Working...
                              X