Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what muffler??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what muffler??

The accord i just bought has a pretty much new exhaust piping - 2.25 diameter i believe. so i just need a muffler. my budget is $100 shipped. my choices are obx twin loop, obx Apexi WS style or a twin tip remus muffler. What else is out there in my price range that will sound nice and deep without rasp and fartcan sound. And yes i do have a resonator
    OBX Twin Loop
    47.83%
    OBX APEXi WS style
    21.74%
    Remus twin tip
    8.70%
    Other
    21.74%
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

I'm going with the fake WS my damn self...but it's no different from any other straight through OBX muffler; you're gonna need a resonator for sure.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

My friend has the OBX WS style exhaust on his del Sol without a resonator. It sounds really deep, but it's extremely loud. I'd vote for the twin loop
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

yea from all the reading i done i know ill need a resonator for sure. ill try to take a pic of the piping that i have.
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

anyone using the twinloop right now? just wondering if there are any clearance issues... how does it sound.. etc etc
          1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
          [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

Originally posted by sm1ke
            anyone using the twinloop right now? just wondering if there are any clearance issues... how does it sound.. etc etc
            the twinloop will hang a little low, but it looks fine to me. its just that our muffler heatshield is pretty shallow compared to other cars so the muffler cant be tucked all the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
              the twinloop will hang a little low, but it looks fine to me. its just that our muffler heatshield is pretty shallow compared to other cars so the muffler cant be tucked all the way up.
              it looks fine the only bad thing is if you are really low you might scrape it up. like i did to my muffler theres is now a hole from pulling out off driveways. and i pull in and out of them at a big angle and i still scrape
              .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

im changing from my twinloop, sorry

to an APexi WS1
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  im changing from my twinloop, sorry

to an APexi WS1
                  wtf?!!? what happened wes? you recently got the twinloop.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    wtf?!!? what happened wes? you recently got the twinloop.
                    eh, i dont like it...im a muffler whore.

when it was loud with the fart cannon it was good and not as raspy but the can was ust way too big.

now my stock looking exhaust tip is okay but it sounds like crap.

just going with a big tip but quiet, gonna enjoy the sound of my engine when my ITB's are on.
                    plus, im getting a black neuspeed bar, the apexi ws1 catback, ES bushing kit and rear disc control arms for 350 from a local

id say its a steal

so...
                    magnaflow muffler->JDMCARBOY twinloop->APexi
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

i got the WS its looks hella nice on the car tho no doubt 4 inch outtie......but it is very loud....it sounds okay with a silencer on but looks ugly as fuck...i would go with the WS ionno how the Twin loops would do it......but i must say my car is louder than my friend's 400 hp ford truck with Super 40's (flowmasters)

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        eh, i dont like it...im a muffler whore.

when it was loud with the fart cannon it was good and not as raspy but the can was ust way too big.

now my stock looking exhaust tip is okay but it sounds like crap.

just going with a big tip but quiet, gonna enjoy the sound of my engine when my ITB's are on.
                        plus, im getting a black neuspeed bar, the apexi ws1 catback, ES bushing kit and rear disc control arms for 350 from a local

id say its a steal

so...
                        magnaflow muffler->JDMCARBOY twinloop->APexi
                        Do you want to sell the twin-loop? If so PM me a price.
                        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                        My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                          Do you want to sell the twin-loop? If so PM me a price.
                          sure, i get the catback on tuesday and hopefully i can get it on so that i can sell the twin loop.
                          i got it for 60 bucks with 100 miles on it, i put on around 1700 on it.
                          however, the tip is modified and i still have the old tip if you want it.

shipping might be a bitch though.

oh, sorry to whore the thread guys, this will be the last post.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

hey guys i know this is a stupid question but im not sure what a resonator is can you guys tell me i think i have an idea on what it is but like i said im not positive and the reason i ask is because i dont think i have one and im thinking of getting one because i might need one for my exhaust thanks
                            ________
                            Gamestop gift card
                            Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:45 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                            "2SIIC"
                            Authentic Jerseys for sale
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                              hey guys i know this is a stupid question but im not sure what a resonator is can you guys tell me i think i have an idea on what it is but like i said im not positive and the reason i ask is because i dont think i have one and im thinking of getting one because i might need one for my exhaust thanks

I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X