Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My junk yard find need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My junk yard find need advise

Hey Guys and gals, went to my local pull a part's salvage yard here are some parts i got for my 91 lx, .. f22a4 (header) and most of the down pipe. 23 bucks.. Steering wheel to get my horn and cruse back 5.50 < in great shape too.. upper control arms OEM with bad ball joints 11 $ each side (removed ball joints for ball joint camber kit).. Rear ashtray FREE... main relay FREE, E brake rubber handle FREE then some screw covers like in the door handle FREE. 4 wire o2 sensor from a civic Free i dunno if i can use it or not but hell it was free lol.. MY question is it worth having the muffler shop put in the header ? What should it cost to weld it to the back half ? i have the header and flex pipe but they cut it just before the cat. So is the gain worth it ? Thanks..

wow I wish I could get an A4 header for $23.00.
    I wonder how much an intake from an A6 will cost me, b/c I have access to one at my junkyard.
    Ok sorry, yes a shop will probably do a better job, and welding is always the best way to do exhaust. clamps = shitty
    good luck
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

Were my eyes messing with me or did i read that the f22a4 header add's 10 hp ?over the stock mani..

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
        Were my eyes messing with me or did i read that the f22a4 header add's 10 hp ?over the stock mani..

A6 would've been a better pick of the yard.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
          the exhaust manifold is the same on exs whether its a4 or a6 the difference is in the intake mani

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Theoretically, it should give you a gain of about 5hp, since the only difference between the F22A1 (rated @ 125hp) and the F22A4 (rated @ 130) is supposed to be the exhaust manifold (and slightly different ecu)

Members Ride Thread

Comment

wrong-o! the cast header of the a6 actually makes less power than the a4 header. the a6's power comes form cams and the iab's

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                wow I wish I could get an A4 header for $23.00.
                I wonder how much an intake from an A6 will cost me, b/c I have access to one at my junkyard.
                u have an intake from an a1, a4, and an a6 in ur car right now
                and henry, no the a4 was the best choice for him

Comment

My car is stock right now other than cia and the drop ! i have the f22a1 stock with fresh tune up. I just happend to go to the pull a parts to get a main relay and upper control arms.. and i got to lookin and was like wow that a f22a4 lol i said to my friend dude this is golden ! lets pull this header off too lol he dont know much about cars and he was like why ? ur's is fine.. I was like well this is lik 5-10 hp more and 5 more tq every bit helps... I still cant believe it i paid 56 bucks total for 2 upper control arms, header and down pipe ,rear ashtray main relay and steering wheel o2 for a civic and all sorts or nuts and bolts.. DAMN GOOD DEAL if you ask me.. Do you think its worth getting the sun roof too ? it had all the wireing and crap. Also are the 2 door and 4 door headliners the same for the cb7's ? i can prolly get all this for about 50 bucks too..Then just cut the roof and wire it up.

Comment

My car is stock right now other than cia and the drop ! i have the f22a1 stock with fresh tune up. I just happend to go to the pull a parts to get a main relay and upper control arms.. and i got to lookin and was like wow that a f22a4 lol i said to my friend dude this is golden ! lets pull this header off too lol he dont know much about cars and he was like why ? ur's is fine.. I was like well this is lik 5-10 hp more and 5 more tq every bit helps... I still cant believe it i paid 56 bucks total for 2 upper control arms, header and down pipe ,rear ashtray main relay and steering wheel o2 for a civic and all sorts or nuts and bolts.. DAMN GOOD DEAL if you ask me.. Do you think its worth getting the sun roof too ? it had all the wireing and crap. Also are the 2 door and 4 door headliners the same for the cb7's ? i can prolly get all this for about 50 bucks too..Then just cut the roof and wire it up.
                    If you do the sunroof it'd prolly look alittle hacked up, or it will leak.

Comment

Working...
                    X