Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

**HOLE in FLEX PIPE-ADVICE needed**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**HOLE in FLEX PIPE-ADVICE needed**

I have a hole in my flex pipe, and it's apparently about the size of a golf ball. Any idea if this effects perfomance being damaged like this? I mean i could understand the physics of losing air flow, but is it really that signifigant to lose HP and TQ?

Meineke said they'd replace it for around 40 bucks. HMMM, any idea what should be the best route for me? THANKS.
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

cant remember if it will remove power.. i mean id assume no.. but it will make ur car sound like ass if u havent noticed.. i mean.. its like running open header.. sorta.. but not really.. i dont think ull lose power though.. just sound quality

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

k,that hole will make you loose back pressure,i have almost all my mesh gone,around here the estimates for my flex pipe to be fixed was $150.00.you will feel a difference when driving,also it will get worse quick.i let mine go a now it sounds like a truck,and gets me high if i have the window open.get it fixed asap $40.00 is great.good luck.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, The car really sounds bad. The top of my mesh is gone, and i feel a loss of power. Not as responsive. My uncle quoted me 50 bux. I will see if meineke will do it cheaper, since i dont feel like driving 40 miles to his shop.

Comment

you loose power and gas milage....150 for a fixer..what a rip....

go to an auto store and get some muffler tape, and wrap that area and put some muffler clue on it. you will be fine.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X