Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2.5 piping or 2.25 pipping must read to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 piping or 2.25 pipping must read to help

i know someone who has a cold air-header-gear-high flow cat and 2.5 cutom tubing witha resonator to his muffler. with little timing tricks and the removal of some vacum lines he has ran a 15.56! he also removed the rear seats and pass seat. ive always got 2.25 piping. but this makes me want to do what he did. i have all the same parts as him and would love to run those times! so i know there are pleanty of threads of this topic but i want your thoughts on what i should do? i can 125 for 2.25 and custom flange and resonator or 200 for 2.5 -flange and resonator. help me out

JDMED

buy my jdm part
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

I read an article (Sport Compact Car I think) that for up to 2.5L N/A, 2-1/4" is the optimum piping size. They said 2-1/2" piping is best for 2.6L to 3.0L I believe. Don't know if this is always true, but that's just what it said if that helps any.

Comment

Re: 2.5 piping or 2.25 pipping must read to help

Originally posted by 4drcord
      i know someone who has a cold air-header-gear-high flow cat and 2.5 cutom tubing witha resonator to his muffler. with little timing tricks and the removal of some vacum lines he has ran a 15.56! he also removed the rear seats and pass seat.
      the 2.5 piping usually works better if you got turbo or nos setups. speaking of timing, i knew someone who had a 90 crx si w/ i/h/e and advanced timing on the track..he pulled out low 14's on the regular.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I believe the Maximum Boost book says 2.5" is sufficient for up to 500 or 700hp in a turbo setup.

Comment

i think for a f22 with those mods, 2.25" is more than sufficient. anything else and youre gonna lose lowend for the possibility of gaining some top. if youre going to the track try running off the header or just unbolting your axleback... thatll give you more flow.

Comment

thanks guys

i feel the same way just like you but i wanted to see what you guys thought.

the kid told me he got it for more high end power and for the sound?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

I agree that overall it's best to go with 2.25" unless you're going forced induction.

Comment

Your going through the same shit i went through. I had 2.50 it was good for up top but on low end i sucked. Its like waiting for aol to load for that split second you wanna download something waitin for the tec to come in. BUt I put back on a 2.25 and it felt much better on lowend but up top i sucked so its basically what you want. Me I tend to race from a stop so its more benfical to me. Now all i need is that turbo setup and its a wrap back from 2,5 to 3 inch exhaust

Comment

unless you have a h22, accords(f22) need all the low end they can get it not like the f22 is gonna be going to 8k to make up the great top end.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Working...
                  X