Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Found a company that make cams for f22!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a company that make cams for f22!

found this in sport compact car magazine check it out http://www.gude.com/catalog/cat_accord.html
    they also have a head package i want to get
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Re: Found a company that make cams for f22!

Originally posted by dj justice
    found this in sport compact car magazine check it out http://www.gude.com/catalog/cat_accord.html
    they also have a head package i want to get
    ...you should try Kauffman Motor Sports @
    www.honda-performance.com

...gude performance IMO is
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

dude they are talking about the dohc f series engines not f22a1
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

exospeed.com also makes f22 sohc cams and they are not regrinds
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I have a gude cam and it is definitely the best mod I've gotten so far. I don't know why people talk so much crap about them, but I would definitely recommend their came to any f-series owner. It gives a big boost in hp.

Comment

ok i was just checking out deltacam.com and i noticed they said u need to install new lifters when installing the cams. I haven't heard one person on here say anything about buying new lifters. Please advise.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              ok i was just checking out deltacam.com and i noticed they said u need to install new lifters when installing the cams. I haven't heard one person on here say anything about buying new lifters. Please advise.
              I saw that too and to my knowledge have never read in any Honda engine rebuild article, etc about replacing lifters. I wonder if the Delta site refers to the "push-rod" valvetrain setup? Maybe this does not pertain to rocker arms, although there may be an issue where the rocker arm makes contact with the camshaft...excessive wear would not be a good thing. Maybe there is a service limit wear on the rocker arms & you replace accordingly. I'm going to check the Helms on this.

Good question though...I was just going to figure it out on my own is all.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Well I think it's just like companies saying that you should install aftermarket valve springs. It's not necessary on our engines really. I've been running my cam with a completely stock valve train for nearly a year and haven't had a single problem with it. Hell I never even adjusted the valves lol.

Comment

i hav Gude also, gudes alright, they just suck customer service wise
                  NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                    Well I think it's just like companies saying that you should install aftermarket valve springs. It's not necessary on our engines really. I've been running my cam with a completely stock valve train for nearly a year and haven't had a single problem with it. Hell I never even adjusted the valves lol.
                    1) What specific camshaft or regrind do you have installed?

2) To what RPM do you rev up your engine?

3) How often do you rev up your engine?

4) Have you had any issues valvetrain wise thus far?

Basically I want sound proof, not just words. I'm willing to save up & spend ~ $300 for upgraded valve springs/retainers for reliability & peace of mind. The statement of you not adjusting your valve clearances does not give me much confidence in your previous statements.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-31-2004, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I'm running a gude cam. I redline my engine when racing. I usually race once a week or so. If you read my post then you would notice I said I've had no troubles. Whenever I got my cam put in I didn't know the specs on it so the mechanic left the valves at factory settings. They are a little clicky, but it's nothing bad. I'm just trying to make a point that the valvetrain is pretty solid, and it only needs to be upgrade if you are going to be revving higher than the stock rev limit. I am going to get my valves adjusted this summer before I run the nitrous because I might run into troubles if I don't. Whenever I go turbo and build up my engine I'll be building up the valvetrain too because of the boost and revving higher, but for now I don't really find it necessary.

Comment

Fearit22:

Not meaning to attack you, just wanted solid statements because I have been researching this valvetrain issue in regards to Delta 272 regrind for a while now. I did notice your prevoius statement on "no probs", just wanted to verify it again & make sure...sorry, I'm just like that I keep hearing the Delta 272 seems to want to rev higher..past the stock redline like it's still pulling...so with that I'm pretty set on upgrading. I want max potential of my all-motor setup, but not at the sacrifice of reliability.

Thanks for your comments. For nitrous/turbo ..I was told by the guy that is doing my cylinder head machine work, that when doing this you may want to look into upgraded to better exhaust valves because of increased heat on this end & to maybe open up them up a bit.

Comment

It's cool no offense taken. Yeah, he is right about the nitrous and turbo. That's why I was saying I'm going to make sure everything is good in the valvetrain before I spray this summer. The valves are the main thing that are going to get messed up by nitrous especially if you don't do stuff right. I would like to upgrade that stuff now and get my head p&p and a valve job, but like everyone else what I can do is limited by my finances. I know there are a few people running the Delta 272 grind on stock valvetrains and I haven't heard of any problems. You should be alright. If you are going to build your engine though you might as well do it because building the valvetrain isn't too costly.

Comment

What's involved with installing the headers? How much were u guys charged for installation ?

Comment

DC sports CC 4-2-1 is like $379 I think and installation is free...cuz I'm doing it myself.

That post was unrelated to this topic BTW...just letting ya know.

Comment

Working...
                              X