Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

best performance engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best performance engine

ok i want to motor swap but, not sure what i want t do so i need some info . what engine should i choose ?keep in mind im goin to turbo it ! i want alot of balls !good response and some speed nothin rediculious! what manual tranny? and ecu etc. thanx for help on makin my cb7 known in the area.can u say sleeper>

damn man dont mean to hate, but try searching, there are tons of threads on here about engines, how they perform, and the kinda numbers peeps are getting from them...take a gander in the members ride section
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/wiki/index.p...gine_Swap_List

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

research!

There's a few engine's that people commonly swap, all are H22's
        Most people buy them from here: www.hmotorsonline.com

If you want a great engine, get either the Type-S or Euro-R. Both are H22's but require a bit more work to install.

Comment

Each engine that our bays can hold have a specific purpose. Ones more into boost the other into allmotor some nitrous. You have to find out whats best for you and whats within your budget. Is it a daily driven car can you handle the maintenance trying to handle if its turbocharged do you travel cross country alot. Calculate whats best for you give it more time then go from there.

Comment

this is my summer car all about fun i want a sleeper so what way should i go i want turbo or supercharged no nos

Comment

h22 complete sleeper until you pop the hood. As for turbo and supercharging youll have maintenance issues more than the h22. Id just do a swap get an quaife lsd and call it a day.
              Last edited by h22sparkle; 06-23-2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

sry dont popmy hood for know one except my mechanic! know which h22? what tranny? and what exactly do i got to get to do a whole swap?

Comment

Search in the swap section everything about the h22a is covered IF YOU JUST READ THE FAQ!!! And yea about the motor it depends on what you want. A boosted motor is pretty reliable if you take care of it right.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    i had a few beers in me

Comment

Working...
                    X