Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best way to get speed limiter off JDM H22A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get speed limiter off JDM H22A?

As the title says...whats the best way?

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

get a chipped p28 or p72 (p28 doesn't look for the useless-as-fuck honda knocksensor, is cheaper and doesn't need and EGR valve either, i'd go with it)

the p13 sucks, the p72 is annoying and a p28 chipped to work with DOHC VTEC engines is cheap, plentiful and helped me run a 14.1 with minimal mods....same setup with a p13, tuned to hell and back, got me a 14.7
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

you can go with the p28 but remember make sure its chipped properly with a h22 baseline map that is reliable and stable or else youll blow your shit up. Get it tuned properly. The p13's run rich which is like a honda dummy safety method so that you dont run lean. Everytime you mode the car and make it breathe a bit more the more richer it gets.

Comment

if h22's "run rich" then why do they pass emissions testing when they are in good shape with the stock ecu in every state?

My recomendation is unless you want to pay for tuning get your p13 chipped.

Comment

yeah I'm thinking about getting a p28....I'm trying to get a hold of MRX atm and see how his baseline map for the h22a is going. if anything, he only live like 4-5 hours away from me. I can take a trip up there or something and have him tune it right. any one have exxperience with his chipped p28's for the H?

Comment

i ran a chipped p28 for quite some time in both my accord and hatch. and when i mean quite some time....i have had an H in my accord for nearly 6 years and nearly 4 years in my hatch.
            My accord has a stock h22 with bolt ons and over all teh best ecu for it has been a tie between a USDM p13 with Dinan program or a chipped jdm p13 with vtec lowered to 4700 rpm and rev limit upped by 200 rpm with stock fuel/ignition maps. Then again currently I am running a stock program again....it works and it works well.
            The civic and accord both got p28s for quite a while. The civic currently has a Hondata s300 p28, and before that a Crome tuned p28. The civic has also had a Euro-r manifold and currently has a skunk2 manifold. The civic is also set up as a pretty much dedicated track car though....

In general I have found hta tmost p28s tend to run the fuel a bit on the rich side for the h22, and for some reason people like to disable a lot of sensors on it as well which makes the problem worse...

Comment

well i have the JDM p13 right now. what chip would you suggest for it? cause lowering the vtec to 4700 and the removing the speed limiter is just fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
                In general I have found hta tmost p28s tend to run the fuel a bit on the rich side for the h22, and for some reason people like to disable a lot of sensors on it as well which makes the problem worse...
                thats why you have them turn the fuel down, that is the purpose of having a chipabble p28. So you can tune.

plus p13s do run rich..
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                  thats why you have them turn the fuel down, that is the purpose of having a chipabble p28. So you can tune.

plus p13s do run rich..

and how much fuel do you "turn down?"
                  unless you are going to do some tuning a p28 is gonna be too rich most of the time.....even then you never know whats up, i made a nice program for a custoemr that ran a 13.4 in his hatch, and he cant drive. with the same program i was not able to get down below a 13.9, i was running extremely lean....like hurt the engine lean...so i actually had to ADD fuel back up top and all of a sudden im doing 12.9-13.1

actually p13s do not run rich, the past 6 eyars of emssions testing on my car prove it does not run rich. also 25-28 mpg in a wagon indicates it is not running overly rich either. Then once you add an intake, and exhaust etc you lean it out further....

Comment

Originally posted by 93Akkord
                    well i have the JDM p13 right now. what chip would you suggest for it? cause lowering the vtec to 4700 and the removing the speed limiter is just fine for me.

my recomendation is find a competent Crome tuner and have those things done. Gooberdatais pretty worthless for p13s afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
                      and how much fuel do you "turn down?"
                      unless you are going to do some tuning a p28 is gonna be too rich most of the time.....even then you never know whats up, i made a nice program for a custoemr that ran a 13.4 in his hatch, and he cant drive. with the same program i was not able to get down below a 13.9, i was running extremely lean....like hurt the engine lean...so i actually had to ADD fuel back up top and all of a sudden im doing 12.9-13.1

actually p13s do not run rich, the past 6 eyars of emssions testing on my car prove it does not run rich. also 25-28 mpg in a wagon indicates it is not running overly rich either. Then once you add an intake, and exhaust etc you lean it out further....
                      How is the p28 gona be to rich? if you are running an h22 base map? you are contridicting your self.

p28 with a p13 h22 basemap.

You dont run a stock p28 with out it being chipped and socketed on an h22. But i am sure you already knew that. Maybe thats why you've had bad luck?

And you are right, you do have to tune it, every car runs differently, so it only makes sence to tune the CHIPPED P28 to your application.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Buy the chip for the P13.
                        600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          How is the p28 gona be to rich? if you are running an h22 base map? you are contridicting your self.

p28 with a p13 h22 basemap.

You dont run a stock p28 with out it being chipped and socketed on an h22. But i am sure you already knew that. Maybe thats why you've had bad luck?

And you are right, you do have to tune it, every car runs differently, so it only makes sence to tune the CHIPPED P28 to your application.

i only have been running chipped p28/72s on h22's for over 4 years now. I also am a Crome Pro owner, Hondata s200b with romeditor owner, Hondata s300 owner, have 2 widebands, and a usually 6-12 ecus on hand at any one time and enough solder and parts to chip them all and still ahve left overs....

unless this guy takes the time to have it tuned teh p28 he is putting in there is going to be WORSE in most cases than a p13....and for an engine that is internally stock without a high end header such as an an-r at minimum plus every other bolt on he is wasting his time and money on buying a new ecu and paying for chipping and tuning when a p13 can be chipped and modded to do just as well at far less cost.

Comment

Working...
                          X