Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Another Delta Cam Q..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Delta Cam Q..

Hey Guy's i asked this in another thread a while back and did not get an answer. With a cam regrind how big can you go before you have to replace the valve springs ? I know some of you are running a delta 272 on stock valves, what rpm's are you guys pushing with the 272 and stock springs ? And what do you consider safe (rpm's) Thanks in advance.

safe is stock rev limit, usually you can go around 500rpm beyond without huge problems though if you plan on doing it often invest in the springs and retainers to insure that you dont blow it.

Comment

So a delta 260, 272, 280 is ok to rev to say 6500-7000 rpm's on stock springs ?

Comment

Bump before bed !

Comment

Click on my sig link to my red Accord project thread for details on my modifications. In short, I have a Delta 272, F22 headwork, ported intake manifold, bored TB, short ram intake, header & exhaust with stock F22 block, 12 lb flywheel.

Anyhow, I had my stock valve springs checked out to make sure they are good. With my mods, I can rev to 7000 rpm and even to 7500 rpm is the max I've done...but my agenda wasn't to rev the piss out of this motor. An F22 motor by design is not meant to be revvy. I stick to 6500 rpm max...occassionally hitting 7000 but no more. I don't make it a habit of going more than 7000 rpm.

For my white project, I a single valve springs rated to 9000 rpm, titanium retainers and hardened valve locks. It will rev more with lighter internals but I still will not plan to rev it more than 7500 rpm or so. I want to make my power at a lower rpm is the plan, we shall see. Nice thing on F22 is I can get the torque up there too.

For a 282 delta I would go with aftermarket because more than likely you will be revving it constantly and be up there constantly to even THINK of having that cam. I don't even know if I'll be using that big for my white Accord project.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i use the 272 with new f22a6 springs. I rev to about 7200-7400 and havent had any problems...
            12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
            11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
            F22a1
            60-1 td06h turbo
            Darton mid sleeves
            85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
            Crower pro billet rods
            Custom ported head.
            KMS valves
            F23 headgasket
            ARP H23 headstuds
            H23 upper intake manifold