Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22a ITB's (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got home from HIN here in Vegas...Had a long talk with the reps from NGK, turns out that Meyer's Western Auto Parts here in town is now carrying the new NGK wideband A/F guage...It's a really nice unit, similar to the inexpensive style PLX, I'll be picking on of these up in the next month or so. I don't want to install the ITB's until I have a wideband, and I'm getting the NGK for like $190, so I think it is worth it to hold off until I can buy it.

I still haven't found a place in town that has a remnant or blem of 2.00 O.D. aluminum pipe, and there is no way I'm paying $60 for a full stick when I only need 8 inches, so the search continues. More upates when progress has been made.

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
      I just got home from HIN here in Vegas...Had a long talk with the reps from NGK, turns out that Meyer's Western Auto Parts here in town is now carrying the new NGK wideband A/F guage...It's a really nice unit, similar to the inexpensive style PLX, I'll be picking on of these up in the next month or so. I don't want to install the ITB's until I have a wideband, and I'm getting the NGK for like $190, so I think it is worth it to hold off until I can buy it.

I still haven't found a place in town that has a remnant or blem of 2.00 O.D. aluminum pipe, and there is no way I'm paying $60 for a full stick when I only need 8 inches, so the search continues. More upates when progress has been made.

-Kyle
      wait, aluminum tubing right?
      ebay my friend...
      http://stores.ebay.com/Velocity-Air
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Wow...Ebay....I honestly never thought of that....why would you sell aluminum pipe on Ebay?...Well, I'll find some at the yard tomorrow hopefully, plus they only charge by the pound for remnants.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Dude, you can find almost anything on ebay. There are some people who sell advice on ebay.
          -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
          1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

I have Hondata, the 5spd swap is done, 272 cam installed...seems like the motor is running really good right now...152whp untuned...on 87 octane...

Perhaps I'll continue with this project...I keep thinking about it...but I just don't know if it's worth the hassle...I mean...will it make decent power? How will drivability really be? Do I really want to invest more time and money into R&D on something I may not even use on my built turbo motor?...I just don't know...

I have the ITB's, I have the runner material, I have the manifold, and I have a tuner that can make it run like stock...I think maybe I'm just lazy.

Would anyone be interested in actually seeing this project come to completion? I'm willing to finish it if someone actually cares about seeing what happens.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702
              Would anyone be interested in actually seeing this project come to completion? I'm willing to finish it if someone actually cares about seeing what happens.

-Kyle
              i know i am. i think i might have you fab some up for me when i see the finished product.

Comment

Hell yeah I wanna see you finish man. I dont think anybody has ever completed it. I know others have been thinking/working on them but you would be the first to actually come through.

So go out and finish man!

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

GETTER DONE!!!!!! with pics tho
                  2004 Audi A4 Quattro 6 speed
                  2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
                  1995 SE 240sx 5 speed Ka-T re under construction
                  1991 240sx current paper weight for sale
                  Have a 240sx Q ask me
                  Sorry I just think body kits are ***.
                  Still lurking around......

Comment

seriously finish that shit, this has been so well wrote up and a lots pics so far, this could easily be a DIY with a little modification. Please finish it.

Comment

you should finish it for yourself, who cares what eevryone else thinks.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        you should finish it for yourself, who cares what eevryone else thinks.
                        Yep. What he said.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

any updates?

Comment

I'll keep working on them when I have some spare time at the shop. I need to cut the manifold a little more, at first I cut it behind the fuel rail mounting studs because I didn't want to have to fab up new mounting points, but the runner size varies too much, so I'll put it on the bandsaw and cut them off behind the injector holes.

Updates will come as I find time to work on it. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

i thre my manifold on the mill and milled the surface straight for all the runners. are you going to put an angle on the manifold also?

you want to be able to look down the ITB's and see the back of the intake valve, plus the angle will help clear the brake master. which is the exact reason why i am selling my current manifold, the next one is going to be angled around 15 degrees.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X