Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

header comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    thanks noob

get online foo
    are you using a ebay header for your f22a? of for h23?

Comment

im using an f22a ebay header.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

haha 800 for a header give me a break, ill keep my 700 bucks and stick with my megan.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          haha 800 for a header give me a break, ill keep my 700 bucks and stick with my megan.
          You might as well stay stock-o... DC style headers do nothing for the H

I'd rather spend that money on cams

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

for 270 shipped u can get a kamakazie 4-1 header
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Along with the header, you'll get some head aches.

Comment

headaches like how, are you sayin that 4-1 header on s stock f20a is a bad thing
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                  headaches like how, are you sayin that 4-1 header on s stock f20a is a bad thing

No, they just aren't very well built.

Hondafan81 has one on his red project and he has had several issues with bolts loosening, and leaks and rattles developing.

Also, I DO have the DC Sports with 2.5" downpipe, as well as a standard 2" collector.

As soon as I can get my 2.5" cat welded up and ready to go, I will see if I can't get some dyno results on the differences.

Money is going to be tight for sometime though, so it might be awhile.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

the 4-1 causes problems on the f22? If so ill be gald to take it off your hands for 5 double cheese bugers from BK.

Comment

Not a 4-1 header. And it doesnt cause issues.

There are issues with the Kamikazee header. It's a great header, but could have been designed just a little better as far as how it bolts together.

Comment

Installed new OEM exhaust manifold gasket today, had to remove the manifold part of the Kamikaze header. I realized that my manifold-to-downpipe triangular flange gasket is holding up, not distorted. No leaks.

Anyone getting a Kamikaze header, I suggest ditching the 3/8" coarse thread bolts they give you and hex nuts. Get 3/8" fine thread bolts with all metal locknuts, reuse their lock washers, then you'll be set. Obviously put the lock washer and locknut on the same side of the flange. This seems to work, it's the third setup I've tried.

Invest in a 9/16" swivel socket, you'll need it with extension/ratchet to attack from top, while holding 9/16" combo wrench on bottom (2 person job). Careful attacking from top not to round off hex heads, you can only get on it so much before you cock because of the heads being so close to downpipe. I'd also look into your primary ports in the header, see if it's offest a bit from flange....if so like mine, do your own portmatch before install. I also suggest putting Permatex copper gasket on both sides of your new exhaust manifold gasket thinly, mine for some reason took about 1 yr to develop an exhaust leak, I don't know why. I'm doing it 2nd time with RTV as added precaution cuz I hear it works.

Previous setups tried:

- what they give you for fasteners = fails in 6 months or less
                        - 3/8" fine thread, lock washer, fine-thread hex nut = fails in similar time as above
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-04-2007, 01:09 AM.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

That's hot!!!!!

http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?p=2261419

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

what kinda of header is that???
                            FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                            My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Originally posted by smokeeey420

what kinda of header is that???
                              It is an RMF.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

What about OBX header on a H? whats the collector, or is it worth it over other ebay headers.

Comment

Working...
                                X