Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

evo mufflers, what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evo mufflers, what do you guys think?

I'm looking for a new muffler and just wondering what you guys thing of the evo style muffler in e-***, I for some reason like the style that the evo's have where their mufflers are big and agressive and they tilt upwards, if you guys know where to get once of these for under $250 let me know. thanks
    Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 09-25-2006, 03:54 PM.

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
    I'm looking for a new muffler and just wondering what you guys thing of the evo style muffler in e-***, I for some reason like the style that the evo's have where their mufflers are big and agressive and they tilt upwards, if you guys know where to get once of these for under $250 let me know. thanks
    pics?

Comment

Nice but too much chrome of rmy tastes in NY that isnt good when cops are trying to make quota theyll spot and sniff you out like a wounded animal in shark infested waters.

Comment

evo style means greddy evo 2 stlye, not the evolution lancer..i was gonna get this set myself, but went with obx instead

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Nice but too much chrome of rmy tastes in NY that isnt good when cops are trying to make quota theyll spot and sniff you out like a wounded animal in shark infested waters.
          all you need is a can of some flat black high heat paint and no more chrome
          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
          Check out my JDM F22B swap
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

okay I asked the seller what the diameter of the piping and they said that its 2.5 outside and 2.25 inside, what the heck does that mean, does that mean its just preatty much stock considering its 2.25 inside or what?

Comment

i think you heard wrong or something cuz that would mean inlet would be 2.25 and outlet of muffler 2.50 and we all know DAMnn well that aint no were near 2.5
              but i tink its nice with 2 rasonators would prob sound pure Sex

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
              Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Originally posted by amd3dnow3
                i think you heard wrong or something cuz that would mean inlet would be 2.25 and outlet of muffler 2.50 and we all know DAMnn well that aint no were near 2.5
                but i tink its nice with 2 rasonators would prob sound pure Sex
                naw, I heard or I mean I read right, I actually emailed him twicw about it and thats what he said.

Comment

okay I asked the seller what the diameter of the piping and they said that its 2.5 outside and 2.25 inside, what the heck does that mean, does that mean its just preatty much stock considering its 2.25 inside or what?
                  stock is 1-7/8"
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    stock is 1-7/8"
                    are you serious! how the heck I didnt know this. okay I just feel like a freakin noobie right now.lol

Comment

are you serious! how the heck I didnt know this. okay I just feel like a freakin noobie right now.lol
                      lol

Comment

It's gonna be so loud...I can hear it already...

I dunno where you live, but if cops like to bust your chops I say stay away from any straight through muffler. I have a straight exhaust from the header back w/a rinky dinky resonator and a stockish 2.25" muffler, and not only does my car boogie but it also sounds close to stock (albeit with a little snarl and burble up top)...

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

idk, the canisters are fairly large and even a generic one, larger means more resonation.
                          same goes with the resonator.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                            idk, the canisters are fairly large and even a generic one, larger means more resonation.
                            same goes with the resonator.
                            Nahhhh...a straight through muffler is a straight through muffler. My Twin Loop sounded like every other straight through muffler out there...

Without baffling, you're basically running w/o a muffler.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

just go custom, its always cheaper and usually quieter.

get any style muffler you want, get a high flow cat(catco/magnaflow, not those ebay test pipes). go to your muffler shop, ask for 2.5" piping, get it all welded in. you might wana put a resonator or 2 in there also, trust me.

shouldnt run you over 350 bux. my shop charged me 180 with tax for the labor, pipe, and a resonator.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X