Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 intake manifold?

where does the secondary butterfly for a dual stage h22a manifold go connected to??? mine is plugged up with vaccum and a check valve
    cb7 A NEW ERA

Are you using the iab black box or just vac ? Mine is connected with a vac line and opens up at about half throttle. With the black box should be about 4200-4500 or around there.. Or no vac and it stays open. Hope this helps.

Comment

its part of that goldish flying saucer looking thing....but its just plugged up
      cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Lol yeah but where is that vac line running too ? If its connected to the manifold then its going to open near full throttle.. If its connected to the black box thats under the manifold and its wired up to the ecu then it opens at like 4500 rpm's.. I just did the swap onto my f22a1 and just ran a vac line from the manifold to the (goldish flying saucer looking thing) = opens near full throttle.

Comment

oh ok i get ya now lol....well it is connected to nothing at all....it just has a piece of vaccum on it and knotted......where onto the mani do i connected to???
          cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Ok so its not getting any vac now its open all the time.. You can just run it to any open vac nipple you have and you should hear it snap closed.. Then near WOT its going to open up.

Comment

whats the point of the secondary butterfly?
              cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

To allow more air flow at higher rpm's. Helps the engine breath better at the higher rpm range. Makes more power @ the top end.

Comment

ohh nice....oh ok look it has a vaccum line but its just there no knot or anything....just a vaccum line connected to NOTHING....should i leave it like that??
                  cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Id hook it up to an open vac nipple. They should stay closed at lower rpm's to help make torque then open at higher rpm's when the engine can take advantage of the extra air flow. Ya know how a engine can flood with to much fuel ? Well its kinda like that with air too. to much air to soon and you will lose some lowend power. So with it ran to a nipple it gives you the best low end hp/tq then opens up at higher rpm's to get max flow. Thus you get the best of both worlds. Good low end (when closed) and great top end (When open).

Comment

to any open nipple right.....how bout the two at the end of the manifold....they are connected to eachother...can i unplugg one and connect the secondary to it...and leave one plugged up ......thanks alot for it too man i really appreciate it
                      cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

yeah any manifold nipple that you have free.

Comment

thanks alot man
                          cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Yep thats how I have mine ran didnt feel like doing the IAB thing for p28. It opens around 4500-4700 in that range. And any vacuum off the IM as mentioned will work.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider93ex
                              ohh nice....oh ok look it has a vaccum line but its just there no knot or anything....just a vaccum line connected to NOTHING....should i leave it like that??
                              The reason that line is connect to nothing, but with a one-way check valve is because someone didn't bother hooking it up, but the check valve allows you not to have a vacuum leak. If you had no check valve on this hose, you'd have a vacuum leak and idle RPM fluctuations, etc.

Take the advice of people though and hook it up to a intake manifold nipple that's open and make sure all others are plugged up so you have no leaks.
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X