Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Will headers change sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will headers change sound...

Just wondering...

Will a aftermarket header change the sound of my exhaust? Right now I have an H22 with stock headers. I bought a Greddy Evo2 exhaust and it doesnt quite sound like what I imagined. I know my buddy has a Civic Si with the same exhaust it his sounds really nice.

Let me know,
    -Lam

yes.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Is anyone running the Greddy Evo2? I dont know wether to order the Carsound 2.25 or the 2.5?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-25-...QQcmdZViewItem

Please let me know...Thanks!,
      -Lam

p.s. Does it have to be welded onto my Header?! There are no flanges on the CAT...
      Last edited by TeamST_racing; 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

if I could do my exhaust over again I'd do 2.25" for the horses I have now. Once you start to build up a considerable amount of power then a 2.5" might be in order. Turbo setups usually run a 3" exhaust.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

its header, will a header change sound,

and like stated above yes, the 2.5 collector seems to be beneficial to the h22
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
            I know my buddy has a Civic Si with the same exhaust it his sounds really nice.

Let me know,
            -Lam
            yes it will slightly change the tone of your exhaust. dont try to compare what ur setup sounds like to the civics.... too diff engines. quite a bit of difference there.

tweakit is running the EVO exhaust with his H22.

k bye
            Sean
            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

louder from my experience

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                louder from my experience
                True. A complete aftermarket header back (header, dp, cat, cat back) usually will generate a louder tone than just a cat back (using stock header and dp). IMO a header back,even though louder, provides a more refined exhaust note. This of course depends on design.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I have a SRI and when I put my header i haven't hear a difference... Maybe cause my exhaust really suck (hole everywhere...)
                  But tomorrow i'm gonna get a custom bent 2.25" exhaut (remove the catalitic converter to put a resonator) Maybe there I will notice a sound from my header

P.S. Is that true that by removing the catalitic converter your gonna get higher MPG ? The guy a the shop told me that

Comment

Originally posted by croc-note
                    Is that true that by removing the catalitic converter your gonna get higher MPG ? The guy a the shop told me that
                    It frees up exhaust flow, and it will be twice as loud. not sure on the gas mileage, that depends more on how you drive it.
                    Spend the money and get a goo dname brand high-flow cat.

Just my $0.02
                    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                      It frees up exhaust flow, and it will be twice as loud. not sure on the gas mileage, that depends more on how you drive it.
                      Spend the money and get a good name brand high-flow cat.

Just my $0.02
                      X2 get a Magnaflow converter, Kieth and I both have those, I like mine really well, he has the weld up version, i think he got it his off ebay for 55 or 65 dollars, mine is bolt up and i got mine for 85 shipped from nopi,
                      I recently put on a stainless header and magnaflow stainless converter in addition my ws2 and it made it a little deeper as well as louder...

Comment

Kieth and I both have those, I like mine really well, he has the weld up version
                        I will also get the weld on Version. Does this mean that there is no turning back? Its going to be welded onto the Header forever right?

Thanks for all of the feedback guys,
                        -Lam
                        I can't afford to make a mistake $ $

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
                          I will also get the weld on Version. Does this mean that there is no turning back? Its going to be welded onto the Header forever right?

Thanks for all of the feedback guys,
                          -Lam
                          I can't afford to make a mistake $ $
                          Im not sure, if you could find a flange, or possibly cut one off of you old converter??? What about getting a piece of thick steel and putting it up to your flange and cutting out the pattern then your could open up the hole as big as you wanted and then get them to weld it on??? im not sure , this is why i try my best to find bolt on stuff... sorry man

Comment

ive got dc header, magnaflow high flow converter and magnaflow 2.5" exhaust...im in love

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Originally posted by lowakkord
                              ive got dc header, magnaflow high flow converter and magnaflow 2.5" exhaust...im in love
                              I would love to hear a clip of your car.

I have the same setup except I have a megan header.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X