Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need Help with Short Ram! Could cause damage to car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Short Ram! Could cause damage to car!

From instructions of the AEM short ram:

Note: some 90-97 Honda Accords, and 92-01 Honda Preludes have an intake air resonator valve located within the OE resonated box. Since this part of the OE air intake system is not being reused upon installation of the AEM short ram system, the vauum line running from it to the intake manifold must be removed and plugged using the vacuum cap included. Simply follow the vacuum line for the resonator box to the intake manifold. Disconnect the vacuum line from the intake manifold and then install the rubber plug

Here is a picture of the short ram:

Right now the bottom circle, the hole on the short ram is plugged. I'm confused what the instructions want me to do, but I know the top line that is circled shouldn't just be hanging. I was told that is the vauum line. How do I remove this line? Or can I just plug the end of it? So then in the end should both the hole on the intake be plugged as well as the vacuum line?

AEM didn't give anything to extend the vacuum line to the intake's hole with. My stock intake had a hole on the other side where it could be reached

I drove the car around a few times around the neighborhood, but that's it before I realized this. I really need someone's help but I'll also try calling up AEM tomorrow to see what they say

Comment

OK bro, on the the vacuum line connected to the top of the throttle body you stick the plastic cap on, just pull the whole line off and stick cap on. And as for the other line take the FOAM that is provided and shove it inside the open vacuum hose or just on top of the valve that its connected to. I think that's what you are wondering. Also, it won't do any major damage to your car if you didn't do it right away. No biggie.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Can I just plug the end of it? Not sure how I'd remove it...

I was told if I got water or something in there that would be bad or if I got dirt in there...

So that line coming out and the hole in the short ram should both be plugged? There must be some reason Honda put that line there

Comment

My AIM is anky gupta if we can't get this resolved over forums in next 10 or 15 minutes... I'd appreciate if you could help me out, sorry if I sound impatient, but I have a lot of things tomorrow, nothing major, but just some appointments

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
            OK bro, on the the vacuum line connected to the top of the throttle body you stick the plastic cap on, just pull the whole line off and stick cap on. And as for the other line take the FOAM that is provided and shove it inside the open vacuum hose or just on top of the valve that its connected to. I think that's what you are wondering. Also, it won't do any major damage to your car if you didn't do it right away. No biggie.
            oh yeah, what foam?

Comment

since you have the smaller hole for vaccumm on the AEM short ram intake, I would recommend you go to auto part store, pep boy..autozone... and just buy a longer vaccum hose I think it 3/16 in size not sure and run from the Throttle body to the vaccum hole on AEM intake pipe. YOu could even reuse the old vaccum hose when you remove the air box, I think they are the same size. The rubbber cap is use to plug the other port on the end of the intake manifold, on the driver side
              Last edited by blazen_accord; 05-12-2004, 08:27 PM.
              90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
              < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

for real just stick a damn screw in it....as long as the screw stay firmly in the line, u will be fine....geez...its not the end of the world

Comment

Ok bro. Here's the deal. There's a vacuum line that runs to the front passenger side of the car behind the headlight. I think its #8. You can see the number on the rubber line itself. Disconnect that line from your intake manifold and cap the nipple on the manifold with the included cap.

From what I can see there's a nipple for a small vacuum line on your short ram, right? The air boost valve is on the driver side of the manifold. Connect the vacuum line from it to your new intake.

If your intake does not have an extra nipple on it, then there should be a foam "cap" in your kit. Disconnect the line from the air boost valve and secure the "cap" over the exposed nipple.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                    since you have the smaller hole for vaccumm on the AEM short ram intake, I would recommend you go to auto part store, pep boy..autozone... and just buy a longer vaccum hose I think it 3/16 in size not sure and run from the Throttle body to the vaccum hole on AEM intake pipe. YOu could even reuse the old vaccum hose when you remove the air box, I think they are the same size. The rubbber cap is use to plug the other port on the end of the intake manifold, on the driver side

thats what i did when i installed my friends aem short ram in his 91 it its been in there for months still runing great

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                      Very good point.. Thats what I did to my first Accord!
                      Vaccum hose = about $1.00 + tax from local automotive store.
                      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                      X