Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Supercharger or turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharger or turbo

with the H23 i am looking for forced induction. does anyone know if jackson racing or vortec makes a kit for this application? and for turbo i don't really care who
    thanks

your going to want a Turbo because with a Supercharger its based off the power of your engine, which in your case and the rest of us with F22's, and even the h22's. your not gonna like it because theirs not really enuf power under the hood to do much good.. a turbo isnt based on your engine power, so youl see more benefits.

Comment

just wondering how much does a turbo set up cost? i would say installed and everything 2 just a figure.

Comment

Definitely turbo, it's more efficient. A supercharger takes power to make power cuz it runs off a pulley/belt system. A turbo runs off your exhaust gas pressure, then harnesses that power to compress your intake charge. If you set it up right you can get the power where you want it, takes some research and asking the right people about it.

This is definitely the place you want to be to learn...can't express that enough, these guys are awesome. More than just a handful of guys here who are knowledgeable and all have different specialties amongst them.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

yes i would say go turbo,and you picked a great motor for turbo,they have very good results(better than a h22 if you where wondering)

Comment

brief summary:

H22 > has VTEC, more HP in stock form, higher C/R
            H23 > non-VTEC, less HP in stock form, lower C/R

Is the H23 engine cheaper also? That why people attracted to this swap? I'm curious in knowing what exactly attracts people to this. Just for the sake of having a turbo, yet yielding less power than an H22?

Do the H22 & H23 differ in the engine bottom-end?

Headflow is important, more so in NA, but would also improve the efficiency of a turbo setup as well. To my knowledge the H22 has this going for it. So the H23 lacks in this area.

Now...VTEC... is it more of a pain on turbo setups? More costly in purchasing turbo cams for this application vs a Non-VTEC? Could you even get away with stock cams on a turbo Non-vtec setup? On VTEC I would think you'd have to change to turbo cams cuz of the larger overlap on the high rpm lobes...right? < I would think that's how it's setup, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Interesting... seems like the H22 is just better overall in design.

Seems like only H23 option that might be worthwhile is higher compression pistons (11:1) w/cylinder headwork, camshafts, upgraded valvetrain & rest of NA route.

Anyhow, on a F22A1 raised to 11:1 compression ratio, upgrading rods/pistons but everything else on bottom-end is stock:

1) Does the F22A1 have oil squirters?

2) For the setup mentioned above, will it need them?

3) If I need oil squirters, are there other ways around it?

Comment

well ive heard and seen alot of people getting very good results from turbo h23s as far as gains. i was planing on doing a h23/eclipse turbo setup and had everything to do so but then i got my h22 becouse i didnt want to blow my motor becouse i know i would have gotten boost happy.

Comment

Working...
                X