Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

AUTo Tranny???Red Line???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUTo Tranny???Red Line???

I was wondering if theres a way to up the shiftpoints on the F22's, or could you use a differnt TCU? Or could you tune it with HonData? I mean to change it by upping the shift points for example, not sure what it realy is.

From 2nd to 3rd at 5000RPM at WOT
    and changing that to
    2nd to 3rd at 6500RPM at WOT

Would it be ok to do this or would it blow the tranny to quickly?Thanks

Why would you want to do it in the first place? I dont even think the f22a even makes power that high up in the power band.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Whats the average gear change at WOT?I would think to raise the RPM's to be faster?

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Why would you want to do it in the first place? I dont even think the f22a even makes power that high up in the power band.
        x2
        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
          Whats the average gear change at WOT?I would think to raise the RPM's to be faster?
          No it doesnt go faster. Yea it will pull but not as effective its a waste of time. should be close to 6300 as possible.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok so im sorry, but some people may not believe me... i have a 90 ex.... and my sports shift WORKS.. and when its on, and the accelerator is to the floor, that bitch redlines when it shifts. I dont know if this is what you are trying to achieve, but i see you have a moded shifter, and im guessing you dont have sports shift.

But mine works, and it makes a difference...so thats that.

Comment

I also have that said sportmode in my Accord. It will redline and then shift. the F22a do have the power to utilize that band but most of the time you don't need it really...i use it for merging on very short highway ramps and such. but yea its nice to use it changes the timing slightly and all that jazz, but yea haha. i dunno to each their own, if u really want to get power from that tranny go swap for a 5spd or get a 5spd, i have heard stories of the H22 with the F22a tranny and it works wonders
              1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
              Originally posted by yeamans17
              you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

when i had my auto, driveable, sports mode was on and it'd shift up there at wot, but i'm not sure about where it exactley shifted, but it was up there.

Comment

it should be shifting at 6300 rpms at full throttle anyway

Comment

m9ine woeks to it does make a diffrence but not much all it really does is delay the shift pionts

Comment

I also have the 90 accord Auto that was a F22A4 my experience with the "sport button" auto rpm shift it redline everytime when floored around 5900rpm+- (F22A redline is 6300rpm I think). And with the sport button off and floored it shift around 5100rpm. What is suprising is when I swaped my JDM AUto H22A with JDM H22 ECU and JDM Auto TCU, the sport button still work, with the button off it shift around 6100 rpm and with the button on it shift about 7200rpm+- ( h22 redline 7600 i think). Strange that the "sport button" circuit effect the JDM P13 ECU and JDM TCU. Not sure if other 90-91 year H22 swap experience this, with the "sport button" ON even light crusing it hold each gear till 3000-3500rpm, when "It OFF" it change gear as soon as 1800rpm-2000rpm.

just my 2cent
                      Last edited by blazen_accord; 02-19-2007, 08:26 PM.
                      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                      X