Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how reliable is h22 in a 4th gen accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how reliable is h22 in a 4th gen accord

i was wondering what are your opinnion on h22 swaped in a 94-97 accord. is it reliable?? is it worth it?? anything i should look for after its installed???

It is worth it and its just as realible as your stock motor.

Comment

plus you can beat the hell out of them even more........and i mean beat.

Comment

It's about as reliable is the install...

If you cut corners reliability goes right down the crapper...

otherwise, it'll be just like stock... usually... alot of people have little gremlins that they are chasing for years to fix... and honestly some never find the gremlins and just live with it...some have zero problems whatsoever though... leading me to believe that it's 150% about the install and research beforehand...

That's the reality...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Just keep in mind, whenever you start trying to "out engineer" Honda, you will run into some problems now and then. That car was not engineered to have that motor, period. That doesn't mean it won't work, it just means it won't be quite as reliable as the stock setup. Don't get me wrong, thats not necessarily a bad thing, its just part of hot-rodding. To answer your question tho, for the most part, will it be reliable? yes. Will it be as trouble free as the stock setup? probably not.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Hehe trouble free....we are talking about cars here....even if your H22 or any engine is installed perfectly....regular maintenance will always be and then it all comes down to the condition you received your H22 in , etc.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
            X