Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

megan racing type 2 catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

megan racing type 2 catback

I'm curious to know what the megan racing type 2 catback sounds like, but I'm having a hard time finding someone that has one. I have a feeling it's pretty loud because it comes with a silencer.

Is there anyone on this site running this exhaust? Here's a link to the exhaust
    http://www.meganracing.com/products/...d=311&catid=89

I'm looking for an exhaust that's quiet like the apexi WS2. I'm also looking for an all stainless steel one.
    I really don't want to dish out $500 + on an exhaust.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

it says that it "produces a strong, deep and noticable sound" so it doesnt sound quiet but seems nice other than that
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

i got my ws2 shipped for $430.00 from here
      My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
        i got my ws2 shipped for $430.00 from here
        good answer.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140
          it says that it "produces a strong, deep and noticable sound" so it doesnt sound quiet but seems nice other than that
          Producing a strong, deep, noticable sound can also be said about the WS2 when your at WOT. I just don't want to be heard coming from 2 miles away.

I personally think the WS2 sounds great. The only downfall with that system is the mild steel piping.
          I'm eyeing the MR type 2 because it almost resembles the apexi WS1 version and the greddy sp2.
          Last edited by That1guyN8; 03-16-2007, 06:15 AM.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

true, but id wait to hear a clip or hear from someone who has one
            OHIO CB7'S #11
            SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140
              true, but id wait to hear a clip or hear from someone who has one
              I've been trying to find a clip or just someone who owns one, but I've searched EVERYWHERE and can't find a thing.
              I may just go with the greddy sp2

Midwest car club

Current rides:
              91 accord lx (5spd)
              92 accord lx (5spd)
              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

I just put one on my ride got it for 345 shipped off ebay from a authorized Megan retailer. Buy it well worth the money! Sounds great deep and throaty at WFO, very acceptable at cruise. The wife says she doesn't find it annoying at all under cruise conditions. You won't have to turn your radio up till you deck it! I installed a magnaflow direct fit high flow cat, and a Megan Header. Plus an AEM cold air kit. All in all very pleased with the set up. Butt dyno says cool from mid-range to the top end!
                Momma told me not to look in the eyes of the sun,,,, but Momma that's were the fun is......
                Steven Adler

1993 Accord EX JDM F22a6 4 door Sedan

Comment

Working...
                X