Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cam gears, how important are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam gears, how important are they?

So i have been told before that if you have cams that are made for your car (not stock) that you dont need cam gears. How true is this? i know that the gears are for fine tuning and you can adjust you power range around with them but really how much gains are you actually going to see.
    Thanks

Quite a bit of you tune it right. You can play with the overlap on cam gears its good stuff just dont get too extreme with them and mess something up in your motor =D. But any place that tunes should be able to extract quite a bit of power out of it. I really dont see much gain with a cam gear for SOHC cars but some get decent gains. ON DOHC cars on the other hand because of the ability to control the intake and exhaust cam you have a wider range of tuning you can do to the engine.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i understand the process but i have heard of cars that have them and havent gotten much if any gains out of them.

Comment

Might wanna give this a quick read

http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewt...e57f86fb172b04

...adjust accordingly

Comment

If you haven't done anything major to your engine, I would leave the cam gear how it is because the engieneers at honda put it how it is right now for the best performance. Other than that, it is a suportive mod. Without other mods, it would be pointless.

Comment

good find def imformative but lets say i have cams made by delta that are personal for my car you think i would get the hp that he was talking about from gears?

Comment

Working...
            X