Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

no codes no vtec?? oil light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no codes no vtec?? oil light.

i dont know whats going on the oil light will flash, it runs fine, i have oil........wtf man no codes

i hooked the a4 pin to the d6 and the code went away but i sstill dont have vtec...

it worked a little ago now it wont work at all.
    ]

i give up on hondas.
    ]

Comment

somehow check your oil pressure. vtec wont work if theres not enough oil pressure, even if u trick the ecu to open the solenoid. somethings probably wrong with your pickup/pump

this car is fucked.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        somehow check your oil pressure. vtec wont work if theres not enough oil pressure, even if u trick the ecu to open the solenoid. somethings probably wrong with your pickup/pump

damn this shit sounds serious

this car is fucked.
        damn that shit sounds serious uhhh rocknricer how long did you drive the car with this light on does it blink interminently or flash or stay solid lit or slowly come on and off while you drive. If it does that i think its your oilpump indefinitely . Usually when your low on oil it wont display that you are until its too late.

Comment

unless the oil pressure sensor is bad :P

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            unless the oil pressure sensor is bad :P
            Does the ECU disable the VTEC if the sensor says there is no oil?

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
              Does the ECU disable the VTEC if the sensor says there is no oil?
              Basically. Not enough oil/oil pressure vtec will disable.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so im guessing thiers 2 sensor then right?

because ive tricked the one coming off the head but still no vtec.
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                  so im guessing thiers 2 sensor then right?

because ive tricked the one coming off the head but still no vtec.
                  Well it looks like it tricked you back

Comment

stfu sparkle this is a serious matter! lol jp

shit so i guess im gonna take off the oil pan . im looming into the dark realm of actually taking the car to a mechanic, only because i cant spend 24/7 working on my car (although id like to) but fuk that shiet
                    ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                      stfu sparkle this is a serious matter! lol jp

shit so i guess im gonna take off the oil pan . im looming into the dark realm of actually taking the car to a mechanic, only because i cant spend 24/7 working on my car (although id like to) but fuk that shiet
                      why you think now im gettin an evo. lol damn taking it to a mechanic may be even worse tell you what you do . First make the right connections on the solinoid which leads to wherever you didnt have it disconnected where its belongs secondly get a new oil pressure sensor third reset the ecu .

If that doesnt work and the oil light still comes on make sure that the wire to the sender sensor didnt break or became loose completely disconnected. If all that doesnt work oilpump and you know what that means dont you. If you dont ask gloryaccordy he did it all to try and save his f22 . We couldnt call it it was just the motors time to go to the big mechanical junkyard in the sky.

Comment

oh gawd so can i replace my pump??
                        ]

Comment

I thought the oil pressure switch was something that sometimes gave out on the F22As, could it be the same for the H22?

"i have oil" You do know that light means low oil PRESSURE, not low oil LEVEL, right? I figure you do, just making sure.

It wouldn't be too hard to check for obstructions at the oil pickup. Either way it sucks. Even if the engine is actually fine, I'm sure its quite a scare.
                          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

why not take the service bolt off the front of the head, and hook up an oil pressure gauge to it(since thats what its for) and check ur pressure????? u can get it at shucks/autozone/etc etc.
                            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

from honda tech:

Originally posted by HamiltonRex

If your pan is dented in the right place, you could have pushed the pan up against the oil pickup, this happened to me once, the oil light didnt come on and i still have good pressure at the head, but i still fixed the pan and changed the pickup. Yours might be more restrictive in this case.

If your oil light EVER comes on, i would suggest NOT driving the car shut it off imediatley, these oil sensors only trigger when its very low psi, and by the time this happens you could have very seriously damaged/shortened the life of your engine.

I dont know why people do obd1 conversion and all kinds of other crap to thier cars without atleast first doing the basics, KNOW WHAT YOUR CAR IS DOING. Get an aftermarket water temp gauge, get a voltmeter, and for god sakes get an oil pressure gauge. Im sorry i dont even feel bad for people with such stupidity and ignorance. Your oil light comes on but your still trying to rev your car out afterwards. If you have low oil pressure VTEC WONT ENGAGE, thats probably why at 6k it dies!.

2 things where you shut your car off immediatley. (most obvious 2 things anyways)

1 IF TEMP GOES PAST NORMAL
                              2 IF OIL LIGHT COMES ON

-Rant-

im going to take off my oil pan and check eeverything tomorrow.
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X