Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone Got A Venom 400?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Got A Venom 400?????

i ordered a venom 400 chip and i just wanna know if anyone got one of these? i just wanna know if it really gives low end power?? any answers will be great. 1
    THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

well i guess noone has the venom 400. i installed it yesterday an it really does actually work . i punch it an it just goes through the rpms like a mutha. madd easy to install too. i recommend it for anyone that wants low end power! 1
    THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

i had the venom 400 on my car before i put nitrous on and it worked great. could really tell when it was activated. i am taking the nitrous off of my car and i am putting the venom back on.
      www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Sup guys, my friend had that Venom 400 module chip thing on his 96 Accord and he says it works great too, what does it actually do guys and can i hook one up for my 91 Accord LX?

Glenn
        Red Devil Crew - Member 7
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) 5spd swap...100% done. Will post pics soon.
        F22a1-Turbo still debating...?

Comment

Yea I had one on as well. I took mine off...but don't remember why. Anyway, yea it was peppier as far as pickup and throttle response. Didn't notice any difference in gas mileage, just a difference in performance. I'll probably sell mine for some stupid low price.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

where does one acquire such a thing, and how much does it cost to get?
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Oh now i remember why I uninstalled it. One of the screws broke off from the plug on the wiring harness that plugs into the venom. I noticed it when I was moving stuff while cleaning the engine bay. It still works though but I don't feel like reinstalling it even though I could just go to home depot and get another screw for it. The one I have was actually for a prelude but it worked on my f22 when I had it.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

I talked to a guy who had a shop and he specializes in Hondas, and he said those were b/s and weren't worth getting. Don't know if it's true cause I never bothered getting one after hearing that. So for those who have one, is it really worth getting?

Comment

Hey MDizzle, u have a f22 or a H22?

EDIT: nm jdm f22b...is that a DOHC VTEC?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                    Hey MDizzle, u have a f22 or a H22?

EDIT: nm jdm f22b...is that a DOHC VTEC?
                    JDM F22B is DOHC NON VTEC...

unless it's an F22b1 SOHC VTEC of course...
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i've got a friend getting one soon. From what i know about ecu trickery the Venom 400 probably advances the ignition timing a couple degrees and leans the engine out slightly.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

venom works!!!! its worth the 168.00 i payed for it. and i would buy it again, the only thing i dont like is it wastes too much gas.
                        THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

Wow you got a good deal on it! Back a couple years ago when I got mine it was like $300 new and I bought mine from a friend for like $150! And yes, I did notice a difference and I am a big critic when it comes to anything having to do with my car. I wouldn't pay $300 for it...but I would pay closer to $150. I don't think the gains are worth much more than that.

Comment

So its worth getting, and works, by the way is the install easy as well, plug and play?

Glenn
                            Red Devil Crew - Member 7
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) 5spd swap...100% done. Will post pics soon.
                            F22a1-Turbo still debating...?

Comment

Yea it is worth getting...but not for $300. Yes the install is easy although I can't remember what wires I hooked it up to but somebody on here I am sure will know.

Comment

Working...
                              X