Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What is the best muffler for turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best muffler for turbo?

Basically im goin boost soon...well mostly later. (about a year from now)..and im wondering, what's the best muffler (not just the tip) for a turbo setup? IDK if it matters, so im asking. i know the usual is from 2.5" and up...but my resonator (the thing after my cat. converter) is loud and im guessing it's an internal prob...So, yea im gonna get a whole new exhaust system basically (including a new cool header)...

...ok sorry, im gonna be clear...I need a new header and a whole new exhaust system...what's the best deal for me? Dont want it ricey and nasty and retarded. I want it to sound clean, deep, and mean. Suggestions?

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

First of all if you go turbo you WONT need a header. Second of all mufflers dont matter. Its your piping diameter that matters more than anything. Muffler anything straight through works but you can use stock mufflers its just adjust how it sounds.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

straight dowpipe FTW!!!
      Last edited by prNonVtec4u; 06-11-2007, 12:10 AM.

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Like it was said you wont be needing a header because you will be replacing that with a turbo manifold. As for sizing I recommend 2.5" downpipe with either a custom made exhaust or an aftermarket one. My car is in the middle of being boosted and for now my tuner has made me a 2.5" downpipe which will be added onto my 2.25" catback, but I wil be replacing my 2.25" muffler with a 2.5" muffler and when I have the extra cash I will be getting a complete 2.5" catback, but for now it's just the downpipe and muffler that are at the size I want

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

well yea i know i wont need a header since im goin' turbo....but as for now...i do NEED a new one and not the kind for turbo cuz im not really sure if i am to go turbo or not...as in n/a for a while.

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
            .i do NEED a new one and not the kind for turbo.
            lol...so you don't need a turbo manifold that's what it's called. You just need a header for you motor and you can find them all over the place, but if you are palnning on boosting soon then I would say dont go out and buy an expensive header.

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22

Comment

so i can just get the turbo manifold without the turbo then? is that what you're saying?...I'm sayin' that i literally need a new header now cuz my stock one has a leaky crack. And besides.. only got about 200 in the bank and still got plenty to go for the whole turbo kit. Unless Trah considers a nice plan haha.

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Use the header I gave you? I didnt think that thing had leaks other than having to extend the o2 sensor wires. Anyway save your money. Turbo is going to cost quite a bit. If you really need a temp fix that bad buy a pos header off ebay. But If i were you I would just save my money until you get the turbo parts and not spend on anything else.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Use the header I gave you? I didnt think that thing had leaks other than having to extend the o2 sensor wires. Anyway save your money. Turbo is going to cost quite a bit. If you really need a temp fix that bad buy a pos header off ebay. But If i were you I would just save my money until you get the turbo parts and not spend on anything else.
                  lol nevermind Nail...not your headers that you gave me...haven't even messed with that yet..though it's getting a lil rusty in shit...it's still in good condition but haven't installed it yet cuz of o2 sensor deal. But i guess i'll ebay an o2 sensor or ask one from Trah for my sake. Is that koo Trah?

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Best muffler is open downpipe =D
                    Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
                    My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                      Best muffler is open downpipe =D

what exactly IS "open downpipe" anyway? To me it sounds like "NO" downpipe at all...

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                        what exactly IS "open downpipe" anyway? To me it sounds like "NO" downpipe at all...
                        Open downpipe is that you have a downpipe, but theres not catback exhaust, so the exhaust just flows from the downpipe into the atmosphere

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22

Comment

yo i got an apexi ws universal turbo version.. its 3 inch inlet 4 inch exit.. dont run it unless you have the turbo.. or else it will be raspy and you will need a resonator

Comment

I prefer magnaflow 3in 3 out its pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              I prefer magnaflow 3in 3 out its pretty good.

lol your sig is killin' me

*Needs*
                              -New shocks
                              -Struts
                              -Drop
                              -Cleaning
                              -New Tires/Wheels
                              -New Window Tint
                              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Working...
                              X