Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Any CB7 compatible clutch kit systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any CB7 compatible clutch kit systems?

I'm interested in finding something like the Omni Power Quiklutch" Clutch Master Cylinder or Skunk2 model that would work for a CB7. Does anyone make one or know if the integra, civic etc. one will work with modifications etc?

There are times where my clutch feels so smooth engaging and times where it feels too stiff. I'm opting to get my clutch pedal adjusted but was wondering if there is a kit out there that will make it more smooth and precise feeling. I've driven a few other members CB7s and their clutches feel smooth like my friends 2k Civic Si. One of my homegurls just got a 07 Si and OMG that car feels like the clutch is there for decoration! It's so smooth and very forgiving as a arcade racing simulation game clutch.....seriously.

I know these kits won't make it as good as that...but I want to upgrade it or maybe if I have to change out my clutch cylinder to a brand new oem one sooner or later. Anyone research into anything like these kits?

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

i read on h-t that their clutch masters break

on the project car we put in a oem resurfaced flywheel with a low mileage jdm h22 pressure plate and clutch disc and it is smooth and easy to engage.

in fact for racing, i dislike it because i like to feel the pedals and their engagement points.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      i read on h-t that their clutch masters break

on the project car we put in a oem resurfaced flywheel with a low mileage jdm h22 pressure plate and clutch disc and it is smooth and easy to engage.

in fact for racing, i dislike it because i like to feel the pedals and their engagement points.
      These are junk? I dunno... I don't really follow honda-tech. Lots of people just hear things (not saying you) but speak without any experience with them. The thread about OBX,XSpower etc. and their turbos and manifolds is one example. I have several DSM friends running turbos and manifolds 349 turbosetup special and still running strong. 4years now.

I think one person has a failure and gets mad and posts a topic on hondatech and the products get flamed to hell.

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=132

I am the Yakuza CB7!
      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
      1994 Prelude V-Tec
      1999 CL 3.0
      2000 Prelude
      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

check oem part numbers. see if any match

Comment

oem part numbers are completely different. we use SM4 clutch master cylinders....

versus
          SM4 for 90-97 accords 92-01 preludes
          SR3 for 92-95 civics & 93-95 del sols
          S04 for 96-00 civics & 96-97 des sols

they all mount up the same way though to the firewall and use the same gasket/seal which mounts between the cyl and wall. which is a 46928-SF1-000....and thats used on all the above clutch master cylinders
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

if the gasket and mounting are the same....maybe we can use'em. see if the lines will plug in

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
              if the gasket and mounting are the same....maybe we can use'em. see if the lines will plug in
              yes the gasket is the same and mount the same...its the location of the hardline connection. the angle is different on other clutch master cylinders. and having pre-bent hardlines already suited for our cars....the angle to hook up to the other cylinders prolly wont work.

but if someone is willing to try.....let me know how it works. lol
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                yes the gasket is the same and mount the same...its the location of the hardline connection. the angle is different on other clutch master cylinders. and having pre-bent hardlines already suited for our cars....the angle to hook up to the other cylinders prolly wont work.

but if someone is willing to try.....let me know how it works. lol
                In this case you could either try to bend your line a bit, or create a small stainless braided line adapter.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

re-flare and bend your lines and see if that works.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    In this case you could either try to bend your line a bit, or create a small stainless braided line adapter.
                    X2 that just mite work

Comment

Sweet, i am planning on re running my clutch and brake lines. and i have been searching for something for the cb7 for a while. the site says they run a 21mm piston,

against a stock 15.8, does anyone know how big the accords is?
                      Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

I want to give this a shot...
                        My friend had the Omni Power mC on his Del sol w/Type R/Exedy Clutch/Flywheel,
                        and the clutch engaged like an 07 XB that I drove....

Comment

hey man i just converted to a stainless braides line that runs from my clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder on the tranny so if you do this then it doesn't matter where the clutch master cylinder line goes because you can route it any way you want and the whole setup for the line and fitting was about 70 with shipping just my $.02

Comment

Well that makes me even more down to do it!
                            Anyone else in? Or am I going solo here?

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                              Well that makes me even more down to do it!
                              Anyone else in? Or am I going solo here?
                              GIT ER DUN! and then report back. i did my part in helping with this issue... haha

Comment

Working...
                              X