Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how much of a diffrence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much of a diffrence?

should i expect to get from a 11.5lb flywheels vs the stock 21lb?

I dont know how to quantify the difference but it will definitely be noticed when you're driving with the lighter flywheel. You'll fly through the rpms much quicker.

Comment

Its enough to notice. At least idle and crap will be a lot smoother.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so for the money gettinf a stage 1 clutch kit and flywheel for $200 is a pritty cheap way to get a big diffrence out of your motor

Comment

pretty damn cheap.

it will change in drivability more than HP.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by arthaccord
            so for the money gettinf a stage 1 clutch kit and flywheel for $200 is a pritty cheap way to get a big diffrence out of your motor
            you won't get a big difference. the only difference will be the falling of RPM between shifts and when downshifting and it will rev a bit quicker
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

uh yeah witch means you get up to speed faster

Comment

Idle should not change or be smoother since rotating-weight only has an effect on acceleration. So once at speed it wont matter if it weighed 10 or 50 lbs.
                Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-15-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

whats up. i bought a F1 stage 1 clutch with 11.5 fly wheel and 90-93 manual for 230 shipped. I have it im goin 2 install monday. Reason i bought this is because my REAR MAIN SEAL is leakin , so i have oil between my motor and tranny. What in the middle of them both. clutch and wheel, now they r glazed up from the oil. I shouldve replaced the REAR MAIN when i put the F20A in. But i didnt know anything about it. REAR main is only 20 bucks. Now cuz of a 20 part, i have to replace the clutch and wheel. U dotn have to but i did. Heres a pic of what i got.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                    whats up. i bought a F1 stage 1 clutch with 11.5 fly wheel and 90-93 manual for 230 shipped. I have it im goin 2 install monday. Reason i bought this is because my REAR MAIN SEAL is leakin , so i have oil between my motor and tranny. What in the middle of them both. clutch and wheel, now they r glazed up from the oil. I shouldve replaced the REAR MAIN when i put the F20A in. But i didnt know anything about it. REAR main is only 20 bucks. Now cuz of a 20 part, i have to replace the clutch and wheel. U dotn have to but i did. Heres a pic of what i got.
                    i got the same thing gitting it in on the 22nd

Comment

i believe that a lightened flywheel will actually make your f22 tranny feel a little more peppy

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by arthaccord
                        i got the same thing gitting it in on the 22nd
                        Thats whats up.

I figured, hell, i already have oil on my clutch and wheel...Why not just buy new shit...
                        I priced it out this way.. New oe clutch at Auto Parts store is..

125 with tax
                        80 total with tax for new FLy wheel, and it still weighs 21 pds..
                        TOTAL $225

You dont htave to get a new flywheel u can get ir resurfaced for 30-40 bucks ... Dependin on what machine shop. Still gotta weight 20pds

So i said the hell with it im gettin a ebay reputable clutch+ Fw, Ijus have Stock F20A with Intake.. now my tranny is 17 yrs old . SO i jus bought the kit i showed u's, hopefully ill feel a diff.
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                        X