Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 ruined?

ok so i had excessive wear on my cylinders walls and i wanted to resleeve but was convinced by the machinist to just bore and hone... it ended up being a .020 bore which is a little more than .5 mm... now i have read that anything over .5 mm ruins the sleeve. is this true or what?

From what I remember, a normal hone/bore job does ruin the frm sleeves. Best bet is to find a Porsche shop to do it, since Porsche uses frm sleeves in most of their engines.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

a porsche shop will laugh at your little honduh. you may wanna PM some of the more knowledgeable engine builders familiar with the frm sleeves on this site.

just run it until it goes and in the meantime, find a replacment block.
      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

i believe it is ruined and no i will not run it till it blows... i will get it resleeved and then boost it

Comment

what did that cost.

Comment

Originally posted by newtuner7
            i believe it is ruined and no i will not run it till it blows... i will get it resleeved and then boost it

sounds expensive.

Comment

the machining costs were covered by my dad so i dont know how much that was.... i will speak with my machinist tomorrow he may cut me a deal since he was the one that told me to get it bored before.

Comment

the machining costs were covered by my dad so i dont know how much that was.... i will speak with my machinist tomorrow he may cut me a deal since he was the one that told me to get it bored before.
                yeah, the machining is the expensive part usually. be a bitch and slap him then tell him you'll sue him and then murder his family.

normally, people will respond pleasantly to that all out assault

Comment

lol naw imma be nice. he has done several chevy engines in the past for us so he will prolly be cool about it. if not oh well i should have just sleeved em like i wanted

Comment

dosen't mahle(sp) make .025 piston for the H22. i've read somewhere that that's the farest you can bore the stock sleeves.

Comment

there are several companies that make oversized pistons, but most require that it be resleeved as they are forged pistons and the frm sleeves are not adequate for forged pistons... the thickness of the fiber seems to be .5mm which is a bore of .020. so it seems to me that to be safe i need a resleeve.

Comment

does Honda make stock replacements of that size?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                          yeah, the machining is the expensive part usually. be a bitch and slap him then tell him you'll sue him and then murder his family.

normally, people will respond pleasantly to that all out assault
                          tell that to my boss and he'll shoot you in the nuts with his nine.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

there are several companies that make oversized pistons, but most require that it be resleeved as they are forged pistons and the frm sleeves are not adequate for forged pistons... the thickness of the fiber seems to be .5mm which is a bore of .020. so it seems to me that to be safe i need a resleeve.
                            http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...old-honda.html

Comment

I would just get another block. H22 and H23 blocks are pretty easily available.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X