Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

prelude s ecu p12 in f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prelude s ecu p12 in f22a6

Would the P12 ecu from a f22a1 out of a prelude s even work in the F22a6, i mean the f22a6 has the IAB's and the dual runner intake, just wondering i have heard that the p12 has more of a aggressive tune than the pt6, and prelude f221 is rated at 135, this is because of the ecu

there is another thread about this.............alot have people have said it it does work and it gives more power.....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=57898

Comment

He asked if it would work with the a6, that thread is for the a1. I dont think using the p12 would open your secondaries, so it would be pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by 91blkcoupe
        He asked if it would work with the a6, that thread is for the a1. I dont think using the p12 would open your secondaries, so it would be pointless.
        Secondaries are there to get in the way of top end
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Either way its a waste...the a6 has 140hp vs the prelude a1 at 145...the difference isnt that major at all.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Either way its a waste...the a6 has 140hp vs the prelude a1 at 145...the difference isnt that major at all.

i thought the prelude with the a1 had 135hp. and the only difference between the cb7 a1 and the prelude a1 was the ECU. thats what that thread was talking about tho. if you use the p12 ECU on your f22a6 then youd hace to hook up your IABs to another vacuum source. but like stated, it probaly wouldnt give you any gains due to the fact that the f22a6 has 140 compared to the f22a1 125(cb7) and 135(prelude).

Comment

to the dyno! taking them off

Comment

so in other words, it benefits only the A1 engine and not the A6 engine correct?

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                  so in other words, it benefits only the A1 engine and not the A6 engine correct?

eaxctly. it wouldnt work with the a6 because of the dual runner IM. from what was discussed in the other thread.

Comment

yeah its too bad, i found a red prelude s in the J.Y. and at first thought it was the H23 one, but then was disappointed. But how much could one make on an ECU upgrade like this? or rather, how much would somebody pay? Or does anyone want me to get it out and sell it to them? lol

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                      yeah its too bad, i found a red prelude s in the J.Y. and at first thought it was the H23 one, but then was disappointed. But how much could one make on an ECU upgrade like this? or rather, how much would somebody pay? Or does anyone want me to get it out and sell it to them? lol

i wouldnt mind having one. get it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                        i wouldnt mind having one. get it for me.
                        okay i'll swing buy next week on 50% off wednesdays, man if i had known about this earlier in the day, i woulda snagged it today!

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                        X