Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Is my F22A1 worth pouring money into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my F22A1 worth pouring money into?

I have 145,981 miles on my F22A1. Will I be able to modify my engine or would it be a good idea to transplant a DOHC engine (non H22 & non JDM) into the engine bay?

The reason I asked because:

I have 145,981 miles on the engine.
    I never get my oil changed at 3,000 miles (it's always 4,000).
    I redline my engine while driving any chance I get.

~DirtySouthHonda
    Last edited by DirtySouthHonda; 12-11-2007, 05:20 PM.

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda
    I have 145,981 miles on my F22A1. Will I be able to modify my engine or would it be a good idea to transplant a DOHC engine (non H22 & non JDM) into the engine bay?

I redline my engine while driving any change I get.

~DirtySouthHonda
    YOu red line the bitch everyday and how is she runnin good rite

you can do a swap if u would like of jus work with wat u have when she fails move on to something else.

U can get a cam shaft thru delta or bisi moto.
    u can get a h23 intake mani.
    h23 transmission

and spray. which is best bang for ur buck liek 400 or so, there are people on here with spray and they love it.

IT depends on wat u wanna do with ur car. BALL IS IN UR COURT
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

have u raced a civic and found that out urself?...reason i asked only against a civic...is well...what do u think?

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

you won't necessarily have to POUR money into your A1. you could upgrade it to an A6 with various parts from the J.Y. probably for under $300. I'd say you could bump as much as +40 hp at the flywheel with the following

-A4 header/downpipe good for +5hp over A6 header
        -p12 ECU from a Prelude S +10 hp simple plug and play under passenger carpet (might not work w/ A6/H23 intake manifold swap as well)
        -A6 intake manifold w/ butterflies and Cam gear +15hp, cam gear really helps.
        -OR you could get the H23 intake manifold (Throttle body, Plenum, IAB plate w/ butterflies, and Runners) +10hp over A6 intake manifold swap.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

if you gonna do a swap, for the money a h23 is an extremely good swap, but if you gonna put money into your a1, do the h23 intake manifold swap, bisimoto cam, header, get a chipped ecu, and you will have a a1 faster than a a6

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda

I redline my engine while driving any chance I get.

~DirtySouthHonda
            SO? I had 210,XXX miles on my red Accord when I modified it. It's all about what condition the motor is in. I changed my oil every 7,000 miles with Mobil1 5W30 synthetic. You're changing your oil fine, that don't mean you motor is a piece.

As long as you take care of your motor by changing motor oil, coolant, if it overheats shut it off an fix it, don't abuse it by running it extensively, do your valve lash adjustments ...it's a Honda, it's fine and made to rev.

Do a compression check if you're paranoid about your motor being bad or just drive it and if it seems healthy, modify it.

The more appropriate question is, if you have any money to modify it and do you know what you're doing?
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
              you won't necessarily have to POUR money into your A1. you could upgrade it to an A6 with various parts from the J.Y. probably for under $300. I'd say you could bump as much as +40 hp at the flywheel with the following

-A4 header/downpipe good for +5hp over A6 header
              -p12 ECU from a Prelude S +10 hp simple plug and play under passenger carpet (might not work w/ A6/H23 intake manifold swap as well)
              -A6 intake manifold w/ butterflies and Cam gear +15hp, cam gear really helps.
              -OR you could get the H23 intake manifold (Throttle body, Plenum, IAB plate w/ butterflies, and Runners) +10hp over A6 intake manifold swap.
              hp gains are so wrong, but what you can do is right, with an a6 cam gear.

Comment

Wrong?
                F22A4 has 130 hp
                5 more than F22A1, Both the engines have no difference than the header/downpipe

F22A6 has a 15 hp difference over the A1
                I'd go with 5HP for IM and 10 for Cam

An F22A1/4/6/H23 IM can be made to run right with H23's

I see an engine with (Stock Specs) running roughly 140-155 hp

The thing you cant forget, the F22A6 is running a more restrictive downpipe, therefor it reduces airflow=the lower HP rating
                An F22A6 with a A4 downpipe would most likely see 148-151 HP

As for putting money into it
                Its still kickin at 140K thats nothing for a Honda!
                People are slamming 220K Stock F22 engines with 20 lbs of boost!

Just if you plan to be rev happy, get a new timeing belt, thats #1
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I've got 232K on my F22. Still runs healthy. Not going to swap until it's had enough.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I had 220,000 miles b4 i cracked the block, dont ask
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Horsepower gains are never what you think they're going to be. Every engine is different, and gains don't necessarily stack as you might hope. Also, some mods won't see their full value until you modify all the other systems to compensate. For instance, you could throw an A6 cam into an A1, but you're not going to get 10hp just from doing that. The stock A1 intake and exhaust systems are entirely too restrictive to take full advantage of the more aggressive cam profile, and the ECU will have to be tuned to bump up the fuel and ignition maps for everything to work together.And engine isn't just a collection of parts. It works together as an entire, balanced system. The key is to make the system as efficient as possible to maximize horsepower and torque output.
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end
                      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

When I first started my intrest in cb7tuner.com I asked about an all out F series motor exchange little did I know that owequit was already in progress. I THiNK he as the combo described. BTW I too in theory believe that a F22A6 could have more power by replacing the IAB's and using the A4 header along with a P12 ECU. I in theory THiNK that the Gains would be 10-25crankHP. And then you could still bore out the H22 T/B and PLenum. ect

Comment

BTW its

F22A1 125HP accord BR!CK!
                          F22A1 135HP prelude ECU
                          F22A4 130HP LX? header tubular
                          F22A6 140HP EX header/camshaft/dual runner intake manifold

Comment

is your f22a1 worth dumping money into?
                            ABSOLUTELY. imo
                            spin city

Comment

Wouldnt money in valvetrain and combustion chamber etc. ruin the engine?
                              Swap if you want higher revving n/a power, turbo the f low boost if you want a nice gain, nitrous can be fun in moderation also. OR build a f22 so it can take a shitkicken with rods pistons and such then slap a e316g or equivelent on and tear up the streets and strip!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                              X