Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

is there anything bad about using a delta cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there anything bad about using a delta cam?

to be specific, im looking into getting the 260 one.
    building a NA motor

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

What else are you planning on getting apart from this cam?

Also if your building an NA motor I think a 272 cam would be better than the 260.....I also think you will need to chip an ecu to realize the full potential of the cam.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Save up for a Bisimoto cam stage 1, if you were considering a 260 Delta regrind. His cams are specific for our engine, Delta is generic (hence cheaper).

www.bisimoto.com

Don't bother with a cam gear, use stock cam gear and install it as normal. That will save you some money there. Get a fuel pressure regulator and get dyno tuned. You'll need a chipped P06 ECU and whatever engine management system you can get and have supported locally for tuning. If you can afford headwork after all this considered, get it done as well, it will help take advantage of this camshaft. Install a H23 intake manifold and if you can bore the H23 throttle body (www.maxbore.com). Install intake, header and 2.5 exhaust you be fine. You should gain around 50-55 whp, possibly more with all this. Keep your stock F22 injectors, they can handle it and stock fuel pump.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        Save up for a Bisimoto cam stage 1, if you were considering a 260 Delta regrind. His cams are specific for our engine, Delta is generic (hence cheaper).

www.bisimoto.com

Don't bother with a cam gear, use stock cam gear and install it as normal. That will save you some money there. Get a fuel pressure regulator and get dyno tuned. You'll need a chipped P06 ECU and whatever engine management system you can get and have supported locally for tuning. If you can afford headwork after all this considered, get it done as well, it will help take advantage of this camshaft. Install a H23 intake manifold and if you can bore the H23 throttle body (www.maxbore.com). Install intake, header and 2.5 exhaust you be fine. You should gain around 50-55 whp, possibly more with all this. Keep your stock F22 injectors, they can handle it and stock fuel pump.
        i think you covered the next 8 posts or more
        "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81

www.bisimoto.com

very informative.
          i don't mean to thread jack. i'm curious, what is the powerband going to be like? how about gas mileage? what would be a reasonable price tag on these mods? i'm considering it.

Comment

i would get the bisimoto one, but i dont know much about it...
            ive gotten so much info on the delta cams and
            plus there are lots of people who have used the delta cams and there's much more feedback and reviews on it.
            i feel that the 260 is for me, because im not really looking into high end power.

and for future mods, they do include head work, chipped ecu, transmission swap, h23 intake manifold swap with spacers, maybe h23 throttle body, 12 lb flywheel, and an AEM pulley kit.
            i dont want to get UR because the crank pulley will shorten the life of my engine, ive read about it on AEM's website and why they dont make crank pulleys.

current mods are AEM short ram intake, dc sports header, and a megan racing catback.

but i was wondering, if you bore out your throttle body, dont you need a bigger throttle plate to prevent the air fron going in when it's fully closed?
            will boring it affect the car's idle or anything?
            Last edited by b3nsonx; 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7
              very informative.
              i don't mean to thread jack. i'm curious, what is the powerband going to be like? how about gas mileage? what would be a reasonable price tag on these mods? i'm considering it.
              Expect the powerband to move up a bit in the RPM range, but not terribly so. The Bisimoto Stage 1 cam is a drop-in, much like the 260 or 272. You can use it with your stock valvetrain, injectors, cam gear, etc. Properly tuned, with the mentioned improvements, you can expect serious and reliable power from about 2500rpm up to redline. Personally, I would recommend Bisimoto hands down over anything Delta offers. Bisi gear is researched, designed, engineered and manufactured specifically for the F22 right from the get-go. Delta grinds are generic, as mentioned previously. And for the record, Bisi has the fastest all-motor F22A in the world, and currently runs consistent mid 9-second passes with no nitrous and no forced induction. He has gone on the record stating that the engine he runs in his current race car (a stripped-down Honda Insight) would pull consistent 11-second passes in a CB7 chassis. He's probably the foremost expert on anything related to the F22A, and I don't think there's a single person on this forum that can say anything negative about him. If you have any questions, you can call Bisimoto and they'll be happy to give you all the help you need.
              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end
              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

+1, Bisi is the man! There's R&D into all of his products. He's also nice and very helpful, you can call him and talk to him about your build, and he can set something up for you.
                -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

If your throttle body is bored out (maxbore?) he will replace the plate with a proper sized brass one. End thread jack/// new thread jack out of curiousity if bisi ran n20 what class would that pump him too?

Comment

Im not Dissing Bisi in anyway, shape, or form. But, say you came across a deal for a delta regrind 272 for say $50. Don't you think its worth jumping on?

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08
                      Im not Dissing Bisi in anyway, shape, or form. But, say you came across a deal for a delta regrind 272 for say $50. Don't you think its worth jumping on?

-Jordan
                      i dont think i mean a 2 1/4" catback is a 2 1/4" catback not much sense on payin a arm n a leg for but a cam i would not want 2 go cheap on internals but thats just my opnion?

Comment

It was used for like 2 months. How the hell did i go cheap? because i found a deal?

I wouldn't mind getting a Bisi stage 1 in the future. but right now. Delta will do.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                          Expect the powerband to move up a bit in the RPM range, but not terribly so. The Bisimoto Stage 1 cam is a drop-in, much like the 260 or 272. You can use it with your stock valvetrain, injectors, cam gear, etc. Properly tuned, with the mentioned improvements, you can expect serious and reliable power from about 2500rpm up to redline. Personally, I would recommend Bisimoto hands down over anything Delta offers. Bisi gear is researched, designed, engineered and manufactured specifically for the F22 right from the get-go. Delta grinds are generic, as mentioned previously. And for the record, Bisi has the fastest all-motor F22A in the world, and currently runs consistent mid 9-second passes with no nitrous and no forced induction. He has gone on the record stating that the engine he runs in his current race car (a stripped-down Honda Insight) would pull consistent 11-second passes in a CB7 chassis. He's probably the foremost expert on anything related to the F22A, and I don't think there's a single person on this forum that can say anything negative about him. If you have any questions, you can call Bisimoto and they'll be happy to give you all the help you need.

how much does the stage 1 cam cost?
                          is it also a regrind that i send into bisi? or is it an aftermarket camshaft that i buy from him?
                          Is the camshaft comparable to the deltacam 260 in terms of idle and power band?
                          and finally...how much whp can be expected from the stage 1 camshaft, assuming that i have all the mods that i want eventually. (listed above in post #6)

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08

-Jordan
                            If you found it for that cheap, I'd jump on it yesterday.

IMO and with my research, if you want to use delta regrinds, I recommend the 272 for best power while still retaining streetability.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              If you found it for that cheap, I'd jump on it yesterday.

IMO and with my research, if you want to use delta regrinds, I recommend the 272 for best power while still retaining streetability.
                              but isnt the 272 for higher rpms?
                              i would like to improve my low-mid rpms

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Working...
                              X