Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Topline Oil Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topline Oil Pump?

I'm looking into an oil pump that flows a little more than the stock f23 pump and won't make me worry like the Toga one Cisco used. I stumbled across the H22/H23 oil pump. It physically fits and appears to work right so I'm trying to track down an h22 pump.

Has anyone used a Topline OEM oil pump? I'd like to save a few bucks, but if it's not worth my trouble, I'll spend the extra cash for a Honda piece. Saving a few bucks would be good since I found ARP head and main studs for an insanely low price so I splurged on them instead of oem hardware.

i believe topline is stock replacement.

ARP's are better than honda bolts anyways. i hate trying to line up the head because i cant carry the intake manifold and head
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

send it to endyn.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
        I'm looking into an oil pump that flows a little more than the stock f23 pump and won't make me worry like the Toga one Cisco used. I stumbled across the H22/H23 oil pump. It physically fits and appears to work right so I'm trying to track down an h22 pump.

Has anyone used a Topline OEM oil pump? I'd like to save a few bucks, but if it's not worth my trouble, I'll spend the extra cash for a Honda piece. Saving a few bucks would be good since I found ARP head and main studs for an insanely low price so I splurged on them instead of oem hardware.
        Just get a new OEM oil pump. In all the research I've done, you can't go wrong with OEM, they by far make the best quality pumps and their clearances are good out of the factory.

If you plan to rev past 7000-7500 rpm regularly, I would get a new OEM pump through Endyn, then have them modify it for the higher RPM useage.

Either way, OEM all the way.

BTW, I think my TOGA oil pump worked alright after all the crap I went through, my Autometer gauge is unstable at random moments even though the mechanical gauge I hooked up was smooth as silk for readings (maybe electrical connections not good enough or the sender unit for it is not working properly). I think it's just the Kaizenspeed balance shaft kit that's bumping my oil pressure up. When I do a valve lash adjustment before final dyno tune, I'll take a look ontop the head and drain holes to see if things are well lubricated and clear.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Ok, I guess I'll stick with the f23 pump I have. I didn't realize Cisco's red project rev'd so high and uses the stock pump with a lot of miles on it.
          I don't see the motor going past 7000 rpm much if at all. The stock f23/k20a3 rod bolts are tiny and no one make anything bigger/stronger. If anyone can find an M8x.75 bolt that is 45mm long with any head, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
            Ok, I guess I'll stick with the f23 pump I have. I didn't realize Cisco's red project rev'd so high and uses the stock pump with a lot of miles on it.
            I don't see the motor going past 7000 rpm much if at all. The stock f23/k20a3 rod bolts are tiny and no one make anything bigger/stronger. If anyone can find an M8x.75 bolt that is 45mm long with any head, let me know.
            Call ARP, they may have another application fastener that could work that you can order separately. Seriously, do it and give them diameter, thread pitch and length.

Yes, I have an original OEM F22 oil pump that had 210,XXX miles on it before I slapped on my red accord project parts onto it. It works great and my valvetrain/cylinder head area looks like new still because of running Mobil1 5w-30 since all the parts were installed. My engine temps remain normal under all conditions.
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-19-2007, 02:57 PM.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
            X