Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Is this exhaust worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this exhaust worth it?

Can you guys tell me if this N1 style catback exhaust system is worth it? It's selling on eracingzone.com for only $190. but they are also selling it through groupbuycenter.com for $240 shipped. it's supposed to be a complete bolt-on with no welding. I don't want anything too loud but a bit louder than stock. my stock muffler is busted and so i thought i should just replace the whole piping and muffler while i'm at it, but don't want to spend too much money. I think the tip may be a bit huge, but let me know your thoughts.

some of the specs:

Full stainless steel
    2.5 inch piping with 4.5 inch Tip with silencer
    Bolt on Design
    Gaskets and bolts are included
    Free flow design for HP gain

check it out and let me know what you think. thanks guys. http://www.eracingzone.com/tsn1caex.html

Not bad though id go custom with a different muffler

Comment

if that is the tsudo catback they sell on ebay also then i can vouch for the sound and the installation

putting it on is really easy, the only hard part is getting the 3 bolts off of the cat (mine were rusted). the piping fits perfect and doesnt hang at all, the tip is big but the actual muffler inner diameter isnt. as far as sound, its really quiet at idle and at cruising city and highway speeds but if u really get on the gas it gets audible but the sound is pleasant. not ricey but a deep hum. at 80 mph with all 4 windows down u can barely hear it (with silencer out of it). ive had it on for almost a week so far so it will probably get a little louder but we shall see. i can also tell you it stinks the first few days but that might just be because we had to use alot of pb blaster to get those nuts off the cat

and as performance gain.....i could tell a difference

Comment

thanks!!!

Originally posted by mixmatch
        if that is the tsudo catback they sell on ebay also then i can vouch for the sound and the installation

putting it on is really easy, the only hard part is getting the 3 bolts off of the cat (mine were rusted). the piping fits perfect and doesnt hang at all, the tip is big but the actual muffler inner diameter isnt. as far as sound, its really quiet at idle and at cruising city and highway speeds but if u really get on the gas it gets audible but the sound is pleasant. not ricey but a deep hum. at 80 mph with all 4 windows down u can barely hear it (with silencer out of it). ive had it on for almost a week so far so it will probably get a little louder but we shall see. i can also tell you it stinks the first few days but that might just be because we had to use alot of pb blaster to get those nuts off the cat

and as performance gain.....i could tell a difference
        mixmatch,
        thanks for the positive reply!! i really do need to get an exhaust but am low on budget. exactly what i needed to hear. what year and trim is your accord and is it auto or manual? any chance you can get some sound clips? please keep me updated, thanks.

Comment

do u know what kinda steel it is??? it doesn't seeming like a bad buy. the only thing i would recommend is finding out the steel type and making sure it wont rust.. other than that

My Ride

Comment

its full stainless and the welds are all nice and sturdy

my car is 90 lx 5spd and i dont have anything to get a sound clip with sorry

my brother and friend both thought it would sound like crap with the tip being so big but they both said that they liked how it sounds (and both of them are domestic only fans if that means anything)

another thing, you can still hear my intake over the exhaust when u step on it and it makes that gasp like sound

Comment

I THINKTHAT ITS A GOOD CAT-BACK SYSTEM. THE GUY AT MY JOB PUT THE SAME SYSTEM ON A 5TH GEN EASY, SOUNDS NICE, NOT RICEY. IM THINKING ABOUT GETTINGTHE SAME THING FOR MY CAR. THEY ALSO SELL ANOTHER KIT ON EBAY FOR THE SAME PRICE THEY LOOK A LIL DIFFERENT.

Comment

this is a small coffee can but its still a godamn can. get a dual tip they look better
                1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

its full stainless and the welds are all nice and sturdy

my car is 90 lx 5spd and i dont have anything to get a sound clip with sorry

my brother and friend both thought it would sound like crap with the tip being so big but they both said that they liked how it sounds (and both of them are domestic only fans if that means anything)

another thing, you can still hear my intake over the exhaust when u step on it and it makes that gasp like sound
                  full stainless steel, good welds, what else do u need.. i would get one. Im a fan of the apexi n1..

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
                    this is a small coffee can but its still a godamn can. get a dual tip they look better
                    yeah but they are selling it for $240 shipped, and since i live in the bay area and about 30 mins away from the shop, i could ask them if i can go pick it up and save the $50 in shipping fees. then i would be paying $190 plus tax which comes to about $205. i really can't find a deal like that for a direct bolt on, being on a budget in college and all.

Comment

i got mine on ebay for 160 plus shipping so if u can get it thru ebay and are able to pick it up it might save you even more money

Comment

i got mine on ebay for 160 plus shipping so if u can get it thru ebay and are able to pick it up it might save you even more money
                        most vendors on ebay are out of state or too far away, but i would have loved to save some money

Comment

that website sells through ebay also atleast that is where the paypal payment went to, the username is different

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630

that is the guy i got mine from but its sold thru eracingzone which is the site you had linked

Comment

I THINK THAT ITS A GOOD SYSTEM. I WOULD NEVER GO WITH A CUSTOM EXHAUST SYSTEM CUZ OF THE WAY THE PIPE BENDER BENDS THE PIPS. ITS CUTS BACK ON THE HORSEPOWER

Comment

custom exhaust is nice.... i dunno what your talking about.... oh big deal its crush bent... i think you loose maybe .5hp for each bend IF that.... and for a LOT cheaper.. i got my full 2.25 in custom exhaust for $80. and mine is the big 4.25 inch tip muffler off ebay and its a nice deep sound.. no rice at all.
                              HAN - ZiviCase10287
                              Honda-tech - zivicase
                              HMT - draztik
                              d-series - draztik
                              Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

Working...
                              X