Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fram Air Hog Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fram Air Hog Filters

I saw these at Autozone for the first time today, and the bloke there told me they were just as good as K&Ns and a little bit cheaper. Has anyone had one of these in their CB7?
    Honda
    21.43%
    K&N
    78.57%
    STP
    0.00%
    Fram Air Hog
    0.00%
    Fram Regular
    0.00%
    Other [Please specify]
    0.00%

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

I am gonna side wit K&N til i hear more bout the hog.. ive seen the commercials tho-- they dont tempt me enough

Comment

FRAM, makes oil filters.

K&N, makes air filters.

Therefore, stick with the reputable brand.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
        FRAM, makes oil filters.

K&N, makes air filters.

Therefore, stick with the reputable brand.
        That doesn't mean anything since Fram makes crappy oil filters.

Comment

2 me there all the same.. its a filter.

My Ride

Comment

i just bought my k&n filter for 33 bucks for my short ram intake. i like it so far car seam to work better then my other peace of crap filter but its worth the money to spend on a nice filter a k&n gets my vote
            cb7 sold
            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Purolator is another brand not listed. I say as long as your air filter is clean, then it's all gravy. If not, ur engine chokes and could be working as much as 250 rpms more! I found this out through experience on my 90 Integra GS. Shortly after getting the car used from my dad's co-worker, I started getting into taking car of my car. Well, I replaced the air filter with new one and the old one was caked in crap...and it decreased my RPMs by 250 at 80 mph in 5th gear. From 4000 to 3750 rpms... no joke.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I had a Fram in my truck for a while...came with it. I went to Advance and picked up a K&N, and popped it on there. Bare in mind, it's a carbed motor...but I'll tell you what. It idles better, accellerates better, and gives me better gas mileage. If I'm lyin I'm dyin. It's easier to determine things with a carb motor, because your computer doesn't auto-adjust things, you have a benchmark. I had to re-tune my carb a bit because it was idling higher due to less air restriction.

-Shale

Comment

Accel isn't listed either...

their new kool blue filters are pretty awesome and comparable to K&N as far as flow...
                  RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Working...
                  X