Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header Question (Worth it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by honda83
    Looks is the main word in that sentence!
    lol I said it looks cool haha
    wat?

Comment

ceramic coated headers have a bad habit of absorbing anything you spill on them, so like if a drop of oil hits it, it is discolored in that spot and you cant really wipe it up. If you are going to buy a cheap ass DC knock off header, like obx or megan it doesnt really matter which one you get. ALL stainless headers are going to discolor in that mottled pattern, and all ceramic headers can discolor from stuff on the header or eventually suffer from the ceramic coat coming off at some point.

Comment

No im talking about the real Dc header,not no fake stuff. I dont want anything thats going to discolor and i know the megan ones do and now the ceramic obx chip and stuff also. But what about the real Dc header?

Like this one. They want $283 for it.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC-SP...2em118Q2el1247

Comment

i had the dc sport headers and they really opened the car up on top end.. and yes they will discolor if something touches them... they will not crack or flake, and i wasn't given a gasket when i got mine, because they said they were laser cut perfectly so they didn't need one.. also if you do buy these make sure you where rubber gloves when you installl it because if you do not the oils on your hands you can't see... everywhere you touch the header once it gets hot will turn blackish brown..
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

i have a megan racing hedder from ebay, then bought the full catback and i like it. it will discolor from heat but most all hedder pipes will.

if 5o state carb exempt is what your looking than dc sports is the way to go.

i bought with my old car a chikara hedder from summitracing and liked it. it was black and looked cool in my old midnight blue cb7.

but yeah i have a megan racing hedder and like it.

Comment

just out of curiousity. what is the point in adding a performance part just for looks?

if you only care about looks than get one that looks good. if you want performance save your money. fast cars dont get fast using ebay parts (well.... most dont lol).

ive got a dc header (header.. no S, 4 cylinders only have 1 header) and it looks ok, i got it used. painted it when i got it (which faded).but even so everone that sees it says it looks nice.

if your looking to add some noticeable power, do a intake manifold swap, intake, header and exhaust. for name brand parts you would look to spend about a grand if you price hunt good.

if you live in cali... or another state with strict emissions laws. dc header because of the carb legal-ness

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

Of course i want some power out of this to. Everyone could use some more power but we all know that these headers dont give much more power. Yes they do give some but not ALOT. So thats why im thinking more looks wise. Megan,Dc,Obx.. I know DC header are the best of the group and some say the material is better as well. (so i read). Megan i see alot of people have and are a pretty good kind of header for the price.

hell.... Im between Megan or Dc header right now.

Comment

Working...
                X