Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header Question (Worth it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Question (Worth it?)

im looking for some headers and was wondering if these are worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...2em118Q2el1247

There Megan T-304 Headers and the guy selling them has a 100% postive rating. with 15885 sells. I think thats good but are the headers good? There selling for $157.95

Im looking for headers that are going to last me just like my stock ones have. I dont race and have a regular stock engine right now.

yes Megan Racing makes a good header

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Ok thats good then. My boy got a ebay header for his acura and it turned like this camlin color. Do these headers stay silver?

Comment

Originally posted by honda83
        Ok thats good then. My boy got a ebay header for his acura and it turned like this camlin color. Do these headers stay silver?
        stainless steel will turn that chameleon color when it gets hot enough. im not sure if theres a way to keep these silver

Comment

umm ok.. so how about these?
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-C...spagenameZWDVW

Im just looking for a good header. not trying to break my pocket but want something good. Just want to know which people like more and would prefer.

Comment

stainless steel will always change colors if you don't want it to change colors buy a ceramic header the megan and obx are ok not the best but if you don't have alot of money its better than stock somewhat
            F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
            My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
            Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

ok.. well my car is a show car. But what would people recemend?

I read here in a couple threads that people pick Megan and Obx and that Dc sports is a good brand but kind of the same as megan. Does Dc change color also?

Comment

no, the dc sports is a ceramic coated.

Comment

Ya i figured that. I should of known that by now. DUH!! lol

Im guessing megan doesnt come with a megan headers only OBX? I know other do but im just talking about these two headers.

Comment

ok now im leading toward the OBX ceramic lol. or some kind of ceramic header

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-C...spagenameZWDVW
                    Maybe that one. Come on people... send me some links of some more you have or would prefer.

Comment

if you're willing to spend over $100 on a header from eBay, you may as well leave it stock the way it is and save that and put it towards a header with proven gains (ie DC or even bisimoto once he releases it). the gain is minimal for a $100+ part

Comment

Im not to worried about the gain at all. My car will be more of a show car,not a race car. I want a piece thats going to look nice but also last like my stock one has (Or like everyones stock one has). I read around about some headers that crack or the gaskets go ever so often and you usually dont see that with a stock piece. Then again its a aftermarket piece.

Just wondering if OBX is good? I read about that Dc header dont really give that much of a gain anyways. I guess thats why its good to hear it from a couple experience people,you know.

Comment

ok.. So i have been reading and i have seen some people say that the paint or coat comes off the ceramic obx headers easly.

What about the DC headers? Does it pile at all? or does it stay tha ceramic color no matter what?

Comment

The SS ones don't look that bad imo

I think it looks racing-ish
                            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                              The SS ones don't look that bad imo

I think it looks racing-ish
                              Looks is the main word in that sentence!

Comment

Working...
                              X