Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

head rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head rebuild

I am rebuilding a F22a4 head.
    -performance cam
    -Ferrea Valves 1mm oversized
    -Dual valve springs
    -Titanium Valve spring retainers

I was wondering what is the BEST regrind cam as far as performance and quality. www.f22parts.com has regrinds and claims they are the biggest grinds sold.

The head i have has 20k miles on it and sitting out at my friends shop and getting a port and polish a valve job and im sending it off to mill and deck the head. if anyone can give me some advice on cams or anyhitng else it would help.

All F22 builders check out www.f22parts.com

Can anyone vouch for this company?

I just checked out their website and they have some F22 specialized parts that are cool. What I really like is it's more options for my project on cyliinder head & engine related components. But what bothers me is...where the hell they come from? I have never heard of them until now.

Please, if anyone has any background info, etc. throw it on the table.

They have no phone number listed on their site either Just email & mailing address.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

f22parts.com

i have been in contact with someone from there. only by email though. they seem to be pretty good i was talkin to him about a cam grind and he told me to tell him what my plans for the engine were any mods. and he would grind the cam to those specs.

i just found this place a while ago it seems too good to be true. but i like the 70mm throttle body they have for the f22. if anyone has any info on this company or any of their products id like to know.

Comment

Yes, please....post up.

Comment

Doing a whois lookup:
          Code:
          Registrant:
             David Inman (F22PARTS-COM-DOM)
             208 W. Northside Dr.
             Clinton, Mississippi 39056
             US
             601-506-3102
            dave7222@netdoor.com

Domain Name: F22PARTS.COM

Administrative Contact:
                David Inman dave7222@netdoor.com
                208 W. Northside Dr.
                Clinton, Mississippi 39056
                US
                601-506-3102

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
                Internet Doorway, Inc dns-support@netdoor.com
                111 E Capitol St
                Suite 315
                Jackson, MS 39201
                US
                601-969-1434

Record last updated on 06-Jul-2004.
             Record expires on 28-Jun-2005.
          Record created on 28-Jun-2004. 

Domain servers in listed order:

Name Server: mace.netdoor.com
             Name Server: pike.netdoor.com
          Old eBay username:

Code:
          Member Profile: wwwsuperdaveracingcom
           Feedback Score:  496  
           Positive Feedback:  98.2%   

Members who left a positive:  505  
           Members who left a negative:  9  

All positive feedback received:  613
          New eBay username:
          Code:
          Member Profile: wwwf22partscom
           Feedback Score:  2  
           Positive Feedback:  100%   

Members who left a positive:  2  
           Members who left a negative:  0  

All positive feedback received:  2
          eBay User ID History
          Code:
          User ID  Effective Date  End Date 
           wwwf22partscom  Jul-12-04  Present  
           powerseller7222  Jan-27-04  Jul-12-04 

wwwsuperdaveracingcom  Jan-01-03  Present  
            ********@netdoor.com  Aug-03-00  Jan-01-03
          Other info
          Website IP: 208.137.131.26
          Address given is located very close to Mississippi College.

My IP-Relay very short conversation
          I did this through Ip-relay.com a service from MCI for TDD/TTY users (deaf people). I use to be the operator on the other end, so I used to get calls all day long. The online version is funny, because the person you call has no idea who the hell you are. There are certain abbreviations used, so I would learn them if you ever use relay like: qq, ga, sksk, no punctuation, etc. Also everything that the person says on the other line is relayed back verbatim including sounds.

Code:
          Mon Aug 16 22:47:53 CDT 2004

Please hold for the next available operator. 

Operator:IP RELAY RO 9432F NBR CALLING PLS QQ GA 
          Me:601-506-3102 ga 
          Operator:  DIALING 601 506 3102 PLS HD RING 1 2 (M) 
          Him:hello ga
          Me:is this f22parts dot com qq ga
          Operator:  (WHILE U TYPED (EXPLAINING RELAY)
          Him:uh yes  
          Me:im sorry is this not the business line or is there another nbr qq ga
          Him:this is uh this is uh personal phone that i m having to use for business (sounds pleasant) ga 
          Me:oh ok im sorry to bother you sksk

Operator:  (HUNG UP ANOTHER  CALL QQ) GA
          Me:no thanks sksksk
          Operator: THK U IP RELAY RO 9432F BYE SKSK  

---- The call was terminated ---- 

So it appears he is a real person. Just uh uh a uh a uh uh stuttstuttstututterererer uh.
          -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
          -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

Ugggghh...

Superdave... bleh...

Do a search on AccordTuner and Hondasociety for either superdave or dave7222 and you'll see his bullshit...He spammed the shit out of both places and alot of posts got deleted but there is still some of his nonsense around...

His regrinds are straight from Gude... not like the specs are from Gude... the cam is actually from Gude... get the specs from him and you'll see that they are the same exact thing sold on Gude's site...(which on a sidenote: are not the largest grinds available for F22's...)

He sells alot of Gude/Bullfrog stuff yet makes no mention that it is from them...Which I find pretty shady...like he's trying to take the credit for their work...

Prettymuch all of his parts are available either directly thru the manufacturer or thru others who have better pricing...

He claims to have the fastest all motor F22... but he has no slips to back that up... He didn't even know what car the F23 came in yet he claimed to have worked at both an Acura and Honda dealership as a tech...

I would personally avoid him... he came off to me as nothing but a middleman trying to act like he was a serious tuner...I never saw him post with anything even remotely intelligent or tech oriented...just spam to buy from him or arguing that he was so smart and/or the fastest F22 evar...

He even claimed on HS that he did extensive testing on the cams and settled on what he's selling now as the best all around cam...but it's a straight from Gude's website cam...So that right there showed that he's full of shit...

Seriously... do a search and make up your own mind...or give him the cb7tuner url and watch the spamming...
            Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 08-17-2004, 02:13 AM.
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i only have to say one thing about the a4 engines. becarefull with they cams. everyone who has a4 and has problems with broken exaust valves at the head will tell u the same thing.
              i had the same problem with my #1 piston exaust valve. i change the head 2 times and i still broke the same exaust valve. then i gave up and put a a1 engine.
              in this forum i have meet two guys with a4 engines and broken exaust vavle.
              they might be more at honda-tech or other forums.

just letting u guys know that.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Weird, I have a F22a4 with 261K on it and no bent valves. Maybe it's just how the engine was maintained, what's the condition of your timing belt, etc? What type of belt are you using (some cheapo)? Is the belt saturated with oil on it's way out? If it's the same valve that keeps bending/breaking have you considered that your camshaft is cocked/warped or maybe a cam bearing is on it way out, etc? Maybe the cam holders were not properly torqued evenly, etc.

The F22a1 and F22a4 are same engine base except the header, but I wouldn't think much difference.

I just verified via www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and they give the same part # for camshaft in F22a1 and F22a4 engines.

I also just checked the ECUs for 90-91 F22a1 and F22a4 and they have different part #'s, so something is different.

Hmmm...I think I've heard Zigen diss this guy before from somewhere...I think he was the guy spamming HS. Damn, another F22 source down the drain....people, our CB7s are getting no love here!!!!
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-19-2004, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X