Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Oil cooler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05
    How about trying out a sandwich plate first and see how much heat it might dissipate? It might be cheaper than going all out with a 150 dollar cooler right off the bat. Dunno just sayin. Pretty abundant around junkyards.
    I have an oil block adapter/sandwich plate that I have both Autometer oil temp and oil psi gauge sender units attached to. I don't think it will make much difference in lowering oil temps, it is just a small extension from block oil filter housing.

I also wonder how my engine bearing clearances and Torco SR-1 oil will come into play with oil temps, I think they will help keep them down.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Gary, it was auto tranny fluid that came out of those lines.

Comment

Wait don't the EX's come w/ a oil cooler from the factory? or is that the Auto transmissions w/ the tranny coolers?

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

EX/SE came with oil coolers. It wasnt really a "cooler" more like a sandwich plate.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It was a heat exchanger... the heat went from the oil to the engine coolant.
            I think I've figured out how to make that setup work on my block, so I'm investigating a more on what it will take.

Comment

If you want to use the oem auto trans cooler you can probably get the sandwich plate as already mentioned and tap AN fittings inside the cooler (probably already mentioned) and run it that way. I can see that method working. Just flush out the auto trans cooler first.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
              X