Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Smoke Coming out tail pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Coming out tail pipe

When my car is Cold for about 8 min after start up my car smokes really bad

(Note: Only when its below 40 degrees out)

Does anyone know what the could be?
    Click Here
    1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
    1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
    1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
    2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
    2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Its cold outside.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol thats what i thought but its a lot of white smoke almost like a head gasket but it stop when its warm but i just wanted to make sure
      Click Here
      1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
      1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
      1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
      2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
      2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

If you're loosing coolant I'd be worried, but yeah lol... It be cold out.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

White smoke - coolant. Grayish smoke - oil. Check the third plug, oil here could cause smoke on start up

Comment

Originally posted by puzzlevil
            White smoke - coolant. Grayish smoke - oil. Check the third plug, oil here could cause smoke on start up
            Oil is blue.
            Grey/black is gas.
            wat?

Comment

may be valve stem seals.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm going to vote for just cause it's cold out. If the smoke just disappears about 2 feet away from the pipe, it's just steam. If you had a cloud just hanging there, I'd be worried.
                1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                  Oil is blue.
                  Grey/black is gas.
                  Blue/Grey is oil most of the time. Black is gas.

Its cold outside look where hes from. My car smokes like a mofo when the motor is cold until it warms up. it still sometimes smokes.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my stepdads arcadia green accord had bad seals causing it to smoke like that. but my car before i blew the headgasket was running rich and smoked all the time. like you get high rollin with the windows down and the sunroof open, it was bad.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Blue/Grey is oil most of the time. Black is gas.

Its cold outside look where hes from. My car smokes like a mofo when the motor is cold until it warms up. it still sometimes smokes.
                      Mine smokes all the time, I think it burns a little coolant. But what ever, it runs fine.
                      wat?

Comment

Working...
                      X