Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

p06 pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p06 pricing?

hey guys i am looking at buying a p06... I found one on craigslist for 80 but its chipped with no map, but i was thinking i'd just cut the jumper as the guy said and run it stock. so for a stock p06 is $80 too much?
    Frost White CB9: EX F22A6 Stock 5spd - Click Here

you can't run a P06 in your Accord, the P06 is for a 1.5L Civic engine

Comment

Originally posted by CappuccinoLX View Post
      hey guys i am looking at buying a p06... I found one on craigslist for 80 but its chipped with no map, but i was thinking i'd just cut the jumper as the guy said and run it stock. so for a stock p06 is $80 too much?
      thats a good price, just take it to a local tuner to load a basemap.
      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
        you can't run a P06 in your Accord, the P06 is for a 1.5L Civic engine
        Well i was told by several people on this forum and friends locally that the p06 was the best ecu for my f22a6.

and people run p28's on their h22's and thats a civic ecu...or so I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
          thats a good price, just take it to a local tuner to load a basemap.
          alright, but i don't understand much about that stuff. what would i tell the guy? I'm just putting it on my pretty much stock a6.

Comment

It has to be chipped and properly tuned for your engine.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't touch your ECU. The PT6 you have now is the best ECU for your F22A6, unless you know how to tune an ECU (or want to pay someone that does.) A near-stock F22A won't benefit much from a tuned ECU anyway.

And for the record... you can find a P06 in a junkyard for about $15.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It has to be chipped and properly tuned for your engine.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't touch your ECU. The PT6 you have now is the best ECU for your F22A6, unless you know how to tune an ECU (or want to pay someone that does.) A near-stock F22A won't benefit much from a tuned ECU anyway.

And for the record... you can find a P06 in a junkyard for about $15.
              You've got a point. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by CappuccinoLX View Post
                Well i was told by several people on this forum and friends locally that the p06 was the best ecu for my f22a6.

and people run p28's on their h22's and thats a civic ecu...or so I've been told.
                A P28 has to be chipped and tuned for an H22 before you can run it with an H22. Same with running a P06 in an Accord.

Comment

At least you asked before simply installing it... I always feel bad (but get a bit of a chuckle) when people say "I put a stock Civic ECU in my Accord... why doesn't it run properly?" Unfortunately, it's not because of stupidity... it's because of incomplete information being given online.

When someone says you should get a certain part for your car, don't just take their word for it. Learn why you want that part, and what it does. Then YOU decide if you should get it or not.

Comment

perhaps you should refrence the sickies in this section much info to be learned as well as links to learn more if you want to put the energy into understanding the reason why people would use that ecu for a particular applications

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

When someone says you should get a certain part for your car, don't just take their word for it. Learn why you want that part, and what it does
                      SOOOO many stupid non-functional/detrimental mods out there because no one does that. At least with this one you are sorta forced to find out about it.
                      ____

Comment

At least you asked before simply installing it... I always feel bad (but get a bit of a chuckle) when people say "I put a stock Civic ECU in my Accord... why doesn't it run properly?" Unfortunately, it's not because of stupidity... it's because of incomplete information being given online.

When someone says you should get a certain part for your car, don't just take their word for it. Learn why you want that part, and what it does. Then YOU decide if you should get it or not.
                        some of the best advice someone can give...and like said before unless you do some mods no need to change the ecu u have...

Ride List
                        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                        2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Working...
                        X