Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

where is the ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the ecu?

ok time for me to feel noob lol
    but where is the ecu located?
    ECU's are about the only area iv got no knowledge of or about and i want to learn

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

for your cb? under the passenger floor carpet.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

yip for the CB
      thanks mate

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Really man.......really...

Comment

also note that if you have a automatic there will be two boxes under there. one for the TCU and other ECU. the ECU will be the closest to the center console.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
            Really man.......really...
            dude if your gona be a wanker about it then why bother posting?? like i said iv got NO experience with ECU's and its about the only area i dont know any thing about there for i want to learn so why is my question stupid???

belittling some one for asking a question about something they dont know DOES NOT HELP THEM. this web site is here to help people...its NOT www.bagtheguywhoaskesaquestion.com is it

as it is i have been out of the car scene for about 7 years so am already at tech to jog the memory
            Last edited by Madpol; 05-30-2011, 04:12 PM.

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
              also note that if you have a automatic there will be two boxes under there. one for the TCU and other ECU. the ECU will be the closest to the center console.
              cheers mate
              nah i have a manual thank god...hate autos lol

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

the true noob question is the one that is not asked

i am a noob when it comes to Honda ecu/tcu's so i search the stickies and old threads and will ask the question in a thread

the best part i bought for my cb is the "Bible" or shop manual from Honda itself
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                  dude if your gona be a wanker about it then why bother posting?? like i said iv got NO experience with ECU's and its about the only area i dont know any thing about there for i want to learn so why is my question stupid???

belittling some one for asking a question about something they dont know DOES NOT HELP THEM. this web site is here to help people...its NOT www.bagtheguywhoaskesaquestion.com is it

as it is i have been out of the car scene for about 7 years so am already at tech to jog the memory
                  I apologize there mate. I didn't mean for it to come off like that, and I'm sorry u took it like that. It wasn't ment to be negitave. Guess I should have lol'd or threw I a Smiley face.

Anyway what u need to know where it is for? U getting a tune or something?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                    the true noob question is the one that is not asked

i am a noob when it comes to Honda ecu/tcu's so i search the stickies and old threads and will ask the question in a thread

the best part i bought for my cb is the "Bible" or shop manual from Honda itself
                    Much agreed. If its something you really intruly have no idea about. And uve searched before asking. Ther is no stupid questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X