Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hondata s200 cuts off at 4,000 rpm. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hondata s200 cuts off at 4,000 rpm. please help

so i finally have the chance to get my car tuned today; but have an issue w/ it cutting out at 4,000 rpm.
    my set up is as follows;
    94 jdm h22a with i/h/e
    omni power 70mm tb w/ port matched plenum

my tuner plugs in my p28 w/ my s200; wasnt able to communicate w/ it on his laptop at 1st.
    plugs his p28 w/ his s200 set up in, and was able to communicate.
    starts tuning it, but it starts cutting off at 4,000 rpm. like a rev limiter.
    disconnects his set up; plugs my set up in and at this time it communicates and he does what he has to do, change the mapping and such to run right with my setup. car runs like a champ. and even puts out higher hp and tq.
    we go on a road test, and still running like a champ. all done tuning at this point.
    car sits for maybe 30 mins. as im just hanging out and then i leave the shop. as im driving, it starts acting up again; cutting off at 4,000 rpm.

i turn around and go back to my tuner and he thinks that both mine and his p28 have poor solder connections. suggested me to drive it in the morning when its cold. and see what happens.

strange how both p28's are cutting off @ 4,000 rpm
    but at one point, my p28 was running fine w/o any problems

anyone ever have this issue? please help. thanx

Stay away from tuners who claim their ecu has bad solder joints.
    As for the 4000 rpm thing.
    Sounds like your getting a check engine light while driving
    And then it puts computer in limp mode. check that
    You are not getting a check engine light.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

log!!!!!!

Your tuner should have a log of the incedent. If he Does not then make him get one. Blaming an ecu, is a piss poor excuse. It could be something as simple as having your by mph 2 step on and having the mph being set too high.

Does it happen in gears other then first?

Again I really need a log file to do much of anything.

Edit: Steve, epic Sig!

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

forgot to update this... turns out it was poor soldering where the chip goes. cleaned up the solder points/contacts, and everything works fine.

Comment

glad you figured it out, I would just be weary of a tuner that has crappy solder joints.
          he is supposed to be the pro, and if he has a feeling that his ecu is bad,
          he needs to do what every other tuner does and pull out his backup ecu or
          just simply state he can not tune you at the time. That is what I am getting at.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Plus

You said it happened on two different ecu.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

my thoughts now are the tuner was messing with you, and
              needed holiday money. let me guess a dyno that charges per hour?

if you don't mind me asking, where did you go and who tuned your car?
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                glad you figured it out, I would just be weary of a tuner that has crappy solder joints.
                he is supposed to be the pro, and if he has a feeling that his ecu is bad,
                he needs to do what every other tuner does and pull out his backup ecu or
                just simply state he can not tune you at the time. That is what I am getting at.
                The s200 and p28 was mine that I purchased from a member here...
                My tuner tried his p28 ecu he had laying around, and same thing.
                No solder joints were made by my tuner.

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                You said it happened on two different ecu.
                Yes, different ecus. Just my luck

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                my thoughts now are the tuner was messing with you, and
                needed holiday money. let me guess a dyno that charges per hour?

if you don't mind me asking, where did you go and who tuned your car?
                No, my tuner was not messing with me. He did not charge per hour.
                My turner is an honest guy. It's Elton from Raceline in temple city ca
                Last edited by PhatAccord; 04-06-2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Everything was good for about five and a half months, and then all of a sudden it started acting up again. I just got a replacement p28 today. And now everything is back to normal

Comment

Working...
                  X