Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Hesitation/Stumble with Chipped ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hesitation/Stumble with Chipped ECU

Im trying to work on a map for my 90 EX 4 door, F22A. With F22a4 intake, no iabs.

I started with my old trusty chipped P28 ive had for years. I was messing around and it was running ok, then I think the prob started after i wrapped up the rpm to about 6k on a pull.

After that, it has had a weird hesitation or stumble right at 2k thru about 25,2600 at part throttle/cruise. After those rpms it runs great.

Ive tried adding and subtraction fuel and spark. Ive tried a dif chipped p28, and a p75. Ive also tried p28 and p30 base code. Ive got everything disabled currently but the eld. Ive tried enableing and disabling stuff like the baro sensor, eld, iacv, closed loop and whatever else.

The engine runs fine with the stock PT3 ecu.

Im stumped.

I battled a similar problem on the F22 for quite some time. It's the timing. You need to lower it more than you think you would need to in the partial load area. It starts around 15 in/hg and goes to about 5 in/hg. I'm not on my tuning laptop and can't open my f22 map at the moment but I think I remember it being somewhere around 28* of timing at the lowest point in those load and rpm areas (I'll check when I get home). It makes the map look really wonky but it'll drive like butter.

As for it starting after your 6k pull, i doubt it unless something mechanically loosened. Most likely you just managed to avoid the problem area beforehand and now you can't get away from it.

Edit:
    This is one of my turbo maps but the ignition timing in the vac areas was the same for the n/a f22 mostly until 0-2 in/hg vac. Try copying these timing values as best you can and see if that works.

Last edited by MRX; 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Well I finally got around to copying that map and trying it out. Just chipped a P06 the night before and used that ecu.

Same results as the P75 an 2 P28s.

Im stumped.

Only thing I can come up with is, being that my can is a 1990, the first obd1 year, that the ecu and wiring may somehow be part obd0 yet. The stock pt3 in my car still has the obd0 style led/sight glass for cel code reading. That is sole obd0 style component I see.

Getting very frustrating. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Check your Tps calibration

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
          Check your Tps calibration
          Ty! I will check it out, but it is set at stock setting on Crome and works perfect with the stock pt3, so I figure its in my map somewhere. But I will hook up the volt meter and see what it looks like.

Comment

Do you have Crome pro ?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
            X