Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 S300 tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 S300 tuning

hello I have rebuild my h22a4 drove it on a base map for 1000 mile that a shop placed on the s300. never hit vtec while I was in the breaking period.now that it is over I started to push the car a little and have started to data log the information. I know basic information about tuning. just want a little help. up top it seem like it is not running well, once vtec comes on the duty % of the injector are around 50% but the inj ms is over 11. currently I am using the gsr map that comes with the s300 with a few improvement. the engine does not have the full power. I am running the stock accord injector because that is what the gsr map that is loaded in is set for. I will be getting the stock injector for the h22 obd1 in a week. so look at the pictures and tell me where I should start. thank you.

I would think using the stock accord 240cc injectors is the reason you are lacking up top.

All you have to do is change the injector size. and go from there. I think its under fuel compensation or the other tab next to it.

steve

Comment

thank you, I will be getting the injector soon and hope to have them installed by weekend. once I do I will datalog again and see if their is any improvement. my next question is once the h22 stock injectors are in. should I upload the s300 h22 base map. that map is set to use 410 injectors. I am able to change the injector size. but I do not know if changing the size will affect the timing table.

Comment

I've been running the h22 map for a couple months. I read the best map is the ITR for the h22 engine.
        The ITR map does have a different ignition table and a different fuel map, and you have to change the injector size.
        As far as a diiference I don't know.
        I have messed around with some settings but I can't seem to get it where I think it should be so I'm getting it tuned next week.

I wouldn't do too much tuning unless you have a wideband.

steve

Comment

The stock Accord injectors are much too small! That a shop would actually permit a car to leave the premises like that is absolutely shameful.
          I wouldn't hit VTEC with those injectors. Ever.
          Tuning the S300 with the wrong injectors will do you no good, as you'll need to retune once you get proper injectors.

My advice would be to drive the car as little as possible until you get proper H22A injectors. Then, run the H22 basemap (not the GSR basemap intended for 240cc injectors and a 1.8" engine), and tune from there. Don't damage this engine before you get around to tuning it properly!

Comment

You didnt mention anything about a wideband o2 sensor or afr's. They are mandatory when tuning a car. It would be obvious if you are lacking inj by the afr leaning out. But 50% duty cycle is hardly close to max, 80-90 % is the upper limits.

If you are unsure, get it dyno tuned by someone experienced with that setup.

Also, you are not really showing the maps that would matter in your case.

Comment

update is I have installed a set of obd2 injectors that came with the motor. the problem is I cut the connector off the resistor box, connected all 5 wires together. uploaded the stock h22 base map. the base map is set for 450 injectors, so I change the valve to 310cc ( stock h22a4) now every time I turn the car on the check engine light comes on with code 16 which is injector. the reason I do not want to get it dyno yet is because I might be changing my set up soon. so I am just trying to get a good safe base map to put this car until I make up my mind as to which direction I want to go. so does anyone have a good base map

Comment

Working...
              X