Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone use DKU-5 cable to Datalog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use DKU-5 cable to Datalog?

I just received my dku-5 usb cable off ebay to datalog. Was just wondering if anyone here uses it, seems to be quite popular on pgmfi.org.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/DATA-CABLE-NOKIA-...QQcmdZViewItem

For those unfamiliar, the phone end is cut off and then certain wires are soldered to the CN2(datalog port) on the ecu. Worth a try.

I will try it tonight and post what happens.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

I'm using the DKU-5 for datalogging, works fine for me
    1993 Prelude S
    F22A1
    custom'ish turbo setup
    180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
    18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
    currently being rebuilt

Comment

im still trying to figure out which wires to use, ive been reading tons on pgmfi but still cant figure it out, I have this one...http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

moates ftw again!
        http://www.moates.net/hondalog-p-79.html

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yeah i ended up buying that cord. but i still cant datalog properly, i think it may have something to do with the bin on the chip

Comment

i wish i could atleast say i was trying to datalog, lol. i still dont have a laptop.

anyone wana send me some money?

Comment

I tried the DKU5 cable but got the wrong cable, so i just I used a cdrom audio cable(wires moved around/repinned), hooked it up to a DB9 connector, and used a DB9 Serial->USB converter. Works well(P28 ECU, the black box is the Moates Ostrich emulator):

The bin shouldn't effect datalogging. Did you make sure you have the wires correct?

Also, you dont need a laptop Here's what I'm using:

I put it together using left over parts from my computer, total cost for it was about $140(most of the cost was from the case). For the monitor, I just used a car LCD screen hooked up to the video card in the composite tv out port. Anyways; its got a 1.4GHz AMD Duron, 256mb ram, uknown(Abit?) Micro-ATX board(came from a HP system though), MSI FX5200 card, and WD 15GB hard drive(I traded my bro my 40GB one for it). Using a 400W inverter. The computer is also my car audio
              Last edited by K2e2vin; 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM.
              -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
              1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

bwahahahaahh!! thats straight up hmt dude!
                you should post that on hmt, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X