Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ecu chipping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu chipping...

seached far and wide and couldnt find how to chip a stock ecu

i happen to have a stock 93 ex ecu lying around and thought about chipping it, im pretty good with working with electrical stuff (soldering etc.), but i couldnt find anything on how to go about doing it...

is there a reason why its not up here?

thanks

94 GSR | 93 GSR

stock accord/lude ecu's havent really been homegrown chipped yet, so you wont find anything on it... thats why everybody uses civic ECUs, they were easier to reverse engineering. apparently nobody can figure out how the data is programmed onto the chip

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

brendan thats what i was gunna tell u to get when u were at the jyard today

ECUssssssss!!!!!

Comment

will any civic ecu is OK (CX, DX or SI) Or SI is best

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          brendan thats what i was gunna tell u to get when u were at the jyard today

ECUssssssss!!!!!
          dammit, all i got were "integra", "ls" and "gs" badges for the gsr

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

Originally posted by croc-note
            will any civic ecu is OK (CX, DX or SI) Or SI is best
            p06 is the dx ecu (non-vtec), p28 is out of the ex/si (vtec)....if i remember right the cx is p05 and vx ecu is a p07, not sure if they are chippable...i know one of em has a stock wideband. so yeah if you are running a f22b dohc or f22ax p06 is fine, vtec engines will need the p28 or a p72 out of a gsr (you can run a non-vtec engine on a p28/p72 by disabling vtec in uberdata/crome though)
            Last edited by blackice; 09-15-2006, 05:50 PM.
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

i think the last thing this guy needs to be worried about is chipping his ecu

paint brotha paint

but yeah p06 is prolly the best to get chipped comes in a 92-95 civic
              also you coudl do a head swap to the h23 head and use a p14 it will run but just not perfect

the build and demise
              buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Originally posted by HF22T
                how do u know he needs paint? what makes u think that in the first place?

And who are u to tell him he needs paint? your car is a primer fest.

Comment

http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html
                  later...
                  Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                  Project 240SX
                  Originally posted by chillin943
                  anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                  Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by HF22T

paint brotha paint

but yeah p06 is prolly the best to get chipped comes in a 92-95 civic
                    also you coudl do a head swap to the h23 head and use a p14 it will run but just not perfect
                    for all you know, my car could be a black gsr
                    hmm...

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

Originally posted by JYardBandit
                      for all you know, my car could be a black gsr
                      hmm...
                      yea! what! gsr! uhhh!

idk where im going with this

Comment

what does a chipped ecu do and what chip would i use on a stock f22a1 accord dx? o and how would i go about putting that uberdata thing on it?

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

Comment

no one is chipping (that i know of) f, or h ECU
                          you need to find a ecu from a 92-95 civic

then you need to chip it yourself or buy one chipped (there are a few ppl on this site that sell them).

download uberdata or crome and maybe a program to datalog with.

get some dyno time and tune her till you make lots of power or blow er' up
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10335
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11966

Comment

click on the pgmfi.org wiki link in my sig. the beginners section will answer all of your guys questions.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

just made this thread in the ECU tuning forum.

if a mod(or original poster) could edit the first post of this thread and add that link for future reference.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X